Ultimate Amiga

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Nothing works  (Read 13921 times)

Teaflax

• A600
Nothing works
« on: August 26, 2006, 04:46:47 PM »

Got all happy and excited when I heard about the PSPUAE, so I quickly installed it (had the eLoader from before, but have only run the PEPviewer for reading comics). I have a couple of kickstart files that work well on my old WINUAE installation. One named only kick.rom, which I really don't know what it is, but I also have 1.3, 2.0 and 3.1 roms. I know that both the 1.3 and 3.0 version are working and valid for the WINUAE setup.

My PSP is running 2.0, and I'm using the GTA exploit, US version.

I have tried various combinations of ROMs in the correct folder, correctly named as per the PSPUAE instructions, but nothing ever loads. Once or twice, I've gotten the four green/red squares at the bottom of the screen before popping right back to the eLoader. I've even tried earlier versions 0.49 and 0.41.1, but with no luck (I think 0.41.1 was the one that gave me the four squares, but I'm not 100% certain, after all the fiddling around that I've done).

I have many .adf files, but as yet, that point is pretty much moot, when I can't get anything up and running.

Any hints, tips or ideas would be deeply appreciated, as I would love to be able to play all those old games without having to be tied down to the computer that I spend too many hours a day on already.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2006, 04:49:23 PM by Teaflax »

FOL

• PSPUAE Dev Team
  • Site Admin
  • A4000T
  • Amigakit.com Technical
    • PSPUAE
Re: Nothing works
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2006, 06:11:51 PM »

Need a little more info, which Version did you download. Have to ask as some people just download the PSPV1.50 1 and post saying it aint working.

Second, have you renamed the kickrom files to kick13.rom, kick20.rom etc etc.

Third have you tried reinstalling Eloader as stated on the eloader release thread?

I have tried it on an emulated PSPV2.60 using GTA UMD and it all runs fine, I did have a problem getting eloader to work first off, but I put that down to me installing it wrong. However someone else had major problems, they reinstalled E-loader and it worked fine. Try that if your sure all the above has been done correct, as there is more than 1 way to install Eloader.
Resolute and Industrious
Grand ruler of the yellow people and the Ultimate Amiga Empire

Teaflax

• A600
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2006, 06:23:17 PM »

I've tried 0.41.1, 0.49 and 0.53-2, all for PSPV2.0+.

Kickrom files are correctly named (and proven to work on two differemt PC Amiga emulators).

I have reinstalled the eloader, but i did do it in the same way both times (using the automated Windows installer), so maybe installing it "by hand" as it were might help. I'll try it in a bit and let you know.

Thanks for taking the time to try to figure this out.

FOL

• PSPUAE Dev Team
  • Site Admin
  • A4000T
  • Amigakit.com Technical
    • PSPUAE
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2006, 06:25:11 PM »

Kickrom files are correctly named (and proven to work on two differemt PC Amiga emulators).

I have reinstalled the eloader, but i did do it in the same way both times (using the automated Windows installer), so maybe installing it "by hand" as it were might help. I'll try it in a bit and let you know.

Give me 10 mins, ill setup an eloader version, then ill pm you link to get it. Obviously if it dont work then (but works on mine), id try some other kicks.
Resolute and Industrious

FOL

• PSPUAE Dev Team
  • Site Admin
  • A4000T
  • Amigakit.com Technical
    • PSPUAE
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2006, 06:51:48 PM »

Give me 10 mins, ill setup an eloader version, then ill pm you link to get it. Obviously if it dont work then (but works on mine), id try some other kicks.

K, just upping it, obviously it will be missing the Kicks. If it still doesnt work, it must be your kicks.

Ill Pm you in a few mins.
Resolute and Industrious

Teaflax

• A600
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2006, 07:03:04 PM »

Thanks so much! I really appreciate it.

FOL

• PSPUAE Dev Team
  • Site Admin
  • A4000T
  • Amigakit.com Technical
    • PSPUAE
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2006, 07:23:20 PM »

Thanks so much! I really appreciate it.

PM sent, also as I said, let me know if it works fine, cause i can use it to help others. I also included a config file, so Load Options 1 and it will load the setup I used to test and also correct the Right Mouse Button not working.
Resolute and Industrious

FOL

• PSPUAE Dev Team
  • Site Admin
  • A4000T
  • Amigakit.com Technical
    • PSPUAE
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2006, 10:04:52 AM »

Got all happy and excited when I heard about the PSPUAE, so I quickly installed it (had the eLoader from before, but have only run the PEPviewer for reading comics). I have a couple of kickstart files that work well on my old WINUAE installation. One named only kick.rom, which I really don't know what it is, but I also have 1.3, 2.0 and 3.1 roms. I know that both the 1.3 and 3.0 version are working and valid for the WINUAE setup.

My PSP is running 2.0, and I'm using the GTA exploit, US version.

I have tried various combinations of ROMs in the correct folder, correctly named as per the PSPUAE instructions, but nothing ever loads. Once or twice, I've gotten the four green/red squares at the bottom of the screen before popping right back to the eLoader. I've even tried earlier versions 0.49 and 0.41.1, but with no luck (I think 0.41.1 was the one that gave me the four squares, but I'm not 100% certain, after all the fiddling around that I've done).

I have many .adf files, but as yet, that point is pretty much moot, when I can't get anything up and running.

Any hints, tips or ideas would be deeply appreciated, as I would love to be able to play all those old games without having to be tied down to the computer that I spend too many hours a day on already.

Thanks.

If anyone else has this problem with GTA Eloader and PSPUAE. PM me and ill supply you a link to download a setup running version (minus the Kick Roms and Disks).

The only other thing I would say, you can use it at your own risk (have to say this, to cover myself from people who dont know what they are doing). Also DONT bother Fanjita, as i set it up on my PSP, then packaged to be a no hastle solution.
Resolute and Industrious

Teaflax

• A600
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2006, 10:18:33 AM »

Just to add to the thread, I'd like to thank FOL in public, after the PM and shoutbox; thanks a million, FOL. It's working a treat, and I spent half of last night fighting through Gods for the first time in 15 years (but, boy do I know where those monsters are going to show up...it was like getting on a bike).

Lord knows what I'd done wrong, but the packed version I was sent worked a treat on first attempt.

FOL

• PSPUAE Dev Team
  • Site Admin
  • A4000T
  • Amigakit.com Technical
    • PSPUAE
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2006, 10:37:26 AM »

Just to add to the thread, I'd like to thank FOL in public, after the PM and shoutbox; thanks a million, FOL. It's working a treat, and I spent half of last night fighting through Gods for the first time in 15 years (but, boy do I know where those monsters are going to show up...it was like getting on a bike).

Lord knows what I'd done wrong, but the packed version I was sent worked a treat on first attempt.

Thanks, ill keep this package (now I know it works on a none emulated PSP), just got to add a readme, to explain everything.

Glad your reliving your youth, Gods intro tune, is cool. Remember the first time I heard it, I thought this is amazing.
Resolute and Industrious

Teaflax

• A600
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2006, 10:40:04 AM »

The intro tune that got me was Speedball 2. If I could get that as an MP3, I'd listen to it once a week (and that's often for me).

FOL

• PSPUAE Dev Team
  • Site Admin
  • A4000T
  • Amigakit.com Technical
    • PSPUAE
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2006, 11:03:02 AM »

The intro tune that got me was Speedball 2. If I could get that as an MP3, I'd listen to it once a week (and that's often for me).

*cough cough* *FOL points to PSPUAE RADIO, ;). Theres a good remix on there.

Also try Good Amiga tune site
Resolute and Industrious

Teaflax

• A600
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2006, 11:12:08 AM »

I've heard a few versions. None of them hold even half a candle to the original, I fear. I should petition the Bitmap Bros to put it up on their website, I guess.

FOL

• PSPUAE Dev Team
  • Site Admin
  • A4000T
  • Amigakit.com Technical
    • PSPUAE
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2006, 11:16:48 AM »

I've heard a few versions. None of them hold even half a candle to the original, I fear. I should petition the Bitmap Bros to put it up on their website, I guess.

Try here then Exotica, click tunes, then Unexotica, then click by name, and select your chosen first letter, i.e. S and it lists all the speed ball tunes. Even if they aint MP3, use winamp as it plays .mod files fine.
Resolute and Industrious

Hungry Horace

• Amorphous Blue-Blob Man
  • Site Admin
  • A4000T
  • Don't forget... Ameboid's need love too!
    • AUW
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2006, 12:09:39 PM »

www.amigamusic.com  seems to be a project towards distributing amiga music as mp3.

havent really used it myself, as i prefer playing the originals on deliplayer straight from the unexotica mod files. but there is a forum for requesting music tracks they dont have if its not there already.

i like remixes myself, although i'd love to hear versions of the MOD files using some 16 bit ssamples for drums etc

i so love my audio quality!
Quote from: KillerGorilla
because winuae is made of code and your amiga is made of stuff

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

TinyPortal 2.2.2 © 2005-2022