Ultimate Amiga

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dex`s thoughts on PSPUAE Developement  (Read 4616 times)

dex

• A600
Dex`s thoughts on PSPUAE Developement
« on: October 05, 2006, 12:03:27 PM »

Well, this is VERY nice but.. unless you support a locked framerate of 50 fps it is completely useless :( With a tear in my eye I witnessed a nearly perfectly smooth gods that just ran at the WRONG fps and so the sound gets completely distorted, played to fast, emu can´t keep up etc. Before any other feature, I suggest including a fps cap or something at 50 hz/pal.

Long explanation of what I am trying to say:
I follow the emulation scene quite LONG by now and was active in forums as well as helped devs directly (this includes MorphGear (multi console emu for PocketPC) and FPSCE for PocketPC. And if you never ever listen to anyone who posts his ideas here - just listen once to this: Do not include features that are not absolutely necessary for pure gameplay (like better guis and stuff), instead concentrate and put all your efforts on sound and speed.

Following the development cycle of many emulators the enthusiasm of devs is BOUND to be reduced by lack of actually supporting people and flamers or impatience of forum visitors etc. In hope of NOT seeing this emulator follow the same road to nirvana, while you (the devs) are still interested in getting it further, just concentrate on the core parts of the project and ignore flamers or impatience. A project like this takes time, and while it is free, still consumes much of the developer´s day. People will never EVER understand that and start flame sooner or later.
Well I just want to encourage the devs continue and actually FINISH this emulator one day. It is a great emu ;)

FOL

• PSPUAE Dev Team
  • Site Admin
  • A4000T
  • Amigakit.com Technical
    • PSPUAE
Re: Dex`s thoughts on PSPUAE Developement
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2006, 01:29:20 PM »

Well, this is VERY nice but.. unless you support a locked framerate of 50 fps it is completely useless :( With a tear in my eye I witnessed a nearly perfectly smooth gods that just ran at the WRONG fps and so the sound gets completely distorted, played to fast, emu can´t keep up etc. Before any other feature, I suggest including a fps cap or something at 50 hz/pal.

Long explanation of what I am trying to say:
I follow the emulation scene quite LONG by now and was active in forums as well as helped devs directly (this includes MorphGear (multi console emu for PocketPC) and FPSCE for PocketPC. And if you never ever listen to anyone who posts his ideas here - just listen once to this: Do not include features that are not absolutely necessary for pure gameplay (like better guis and stuff), instead concentrate and put all your efforts on sound and speed.

Following the development cycle of many emulators the enthusiasm of devs is BOUND to be reduced by lack of actually supporting people and flamers or impatience of forum visitors etc. In hope of NOT seeing this emulator follow the same road to nirvana, while you (the devs) are still interested in getting it further, just concentrate on the core parts of the project and ignore flamers or impatience. A project like this takes time, and while it is free, still consumes much of the developer´s day. People will never EVER understand that and start flame sooner or later.
Well I just want to encourage the devs continue and actually FINISH this emulator one day. It is a great emu ;)

Well thanks for the informative post, which has nothing to do with my thread, lol. No problems though, as I mentioned in my news post. Ric took time out to make a menu, as a break from the hard coding. I dont blame him, as he has been working on PSPUAE on his own since the beginning of the year and Im glad MrModem took time to look at PSPUAE and help. Ric has been working on PSPUAE when he gets spare time, which is also fair enough, we are thankful that Ric has helped it get this far.

The frame limit, has already been talked about in another thread and it was added to the to do list. There is a Beta with the new Frame Limit 50FPS. So Myself and Horace along with the BETA Testers here will be testing it tonight. There are a few other changes, but I need to check on this first, as some sound changes have been mentioned.

So I think the system we have works and is a step in the right direction. We do listen to what people say, and the TO DO LIST has grown over the past month, with about 4 or 5 items (from the TO DO LIST) in the new beta.

I will post how the Frame Limter handles once I test it.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2006, 01:33:33 PM by FOL »
Resolute and Industrious
Grand ruler of the yellow people and the Ultimate Amiga Empire

dex

• A600
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2006, 09:11:15 PM »

:) I want to stretch that this post was not meant negatively in ANY way. It´s a great project and I just wanted to encourage you to continue. Sorry about me posting into the wrong thread ;)

FOL

• PSPUAE Dev Team
  • Site Admin
  • A4000T
  • Amigakit.com Technical
    • PSPUAE
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2006, 03:14:10 PM »

:) I want to stretch that this post was not meant negatively in ANY way. It´s a great project and I just wanted to encourage you to continue. Sorry about me posting into the wrong thread ;)

Aye, as I said no problem, think I misread some of it, ;).
Resolute and Industrious
Grand ruler of the yellow people and the Ultimate Amiga Empire
Pages: [1]   Go Up

TinyPortal 2.2.2 © 2005-2022