Ultimate Amiga

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: GAME COMPATABILITY LIST  (Read 24182 times)

andrewwan1980

• A600
Re: GAME COMPATABILITY LIST
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2007, 01:41:31 PM »

Alien Breed Tower Assault definitely works!

I think I was using your setup kick 1.3, but maybe ecs (full, the last ecs entry)...

Try Tower Assault again!

Hungry Horace

• Amorphous Blue-Blob Man
  • Site Admin
  • A4000T
  • Don't forget... Ameboid's need love too!
    • AUW
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2007, 03:02:15 PM »

I think I was using your setup kick 1.3, but maybe ecs (full, the last ecs entry)...

Try Tower Assault again!

We know it works. it was one of the first RISS i made ;)

compatibility database is well out of date tho
Quote from: KillerGorilla
because winuae is made of code and your amiga is made of stuff

FOL

• PSPUAE Dev Team
  • Site Admin
  • A4000T
  • Amigakit.com Technical
    • PSPUAE
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2007, 05:27:26 PM »

Try Tower Assault again!

Aye another thing i need to finish once Skateblind returns.
Resolute and Industrious
Grand ruler of the yellow people and the Ultimate Amiga Empire

andrewwan1980

• A600
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2008, 09:31:48 AM »

Try Tower Assault again!

Any chance of having an official compatibility database? I just completed Flashback so that definitely works.

delta191

• PSPUAE Beta Tester
  • A500
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2008, 09:57:10 AM »

It would be a masive job though, although you have finished Another world, could you imagine setting every amiga game up to run on pspuae 0.71? then starting every amiga game at the beginning and playing it through to completion to see if it works ok to completion?

It would take years! then when you had done it, FOL would pop into chat and say "got another release fellas" lol you could start testing them all again on 0.72 lol.

Its not really practical for every game but maybe testing your personal favorite game and completing it and reporting any problems encountered is a possibility, like you completing Another World - now evryone knows its playable throughout  ;)

of course you can check the PSPUAE U-tube catalogue:

http://www.youtube.com/user/pspuae

to see a paticular title you might want to see running, altough I could never test each title, start to finish!  :)

andrewwan1980

• A600
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2008, 12:19:26 PM »

It would be a masive job though, although you have finished Another world, could you imagine setting every amiga game up to run on pspuae 0.71? then starting every amiga game at the beginning and playing it through to completion to see if it works ok to completion?

It would take years! then when you had done it, FOL would pop into chat and say "got another release fellas" lol you could start testing them all again on 0.72 lol.

Its not really practical for every game but maybe testing your personal favorite game and completing it and reporting any problems encountered is a possibility, like you completing Another World - now evryone knows its playable throughout  ;)

lol
well, not completed 100% completed list... but atleast the game boots up, and one can play the first level... that's all one needs to know... compatibility list...  btw, it's Flashback... am still working through Another World. Also completed Alien Breed 1 too.

of course you can check the PSPUAE U-tube catalogue:

http://www.youtube.com/user/pspuae

to see a paticular title you might want to see running, altough I could never test each title, start to finish!  :)

Nice, this is a good video list... should make it official or more publically know (not in forums.. but on your pspuae main website..

delta191

• PSPUAE Beta Tester
  • A500
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2008, 12:54:55 PM »

I have played Another world on pspuae, to the point where the water drowns you, when you have shoot at contained water in caverns, the water then chases you and you have to run and jump several times to escape! it's a bitch to do! lol.

I upload around 3-5 PSPUAE 0.70 game videos a day on average, so keep your eyes peeled.  ;)

I'm sure FOL will sort a link under gallery for U-tube Videos archive, when he gets time - I dont like distracting him from possible PSPUAE 0.72 release! lol  :o
Thats more important.

andrewwan1980

• A600
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2008, 02:07:34 PM »

I assume PSPUAE is based/branched/ported off WinUAE right? How hard is it getting PSPUAE up to match with WinUAE?

like, currently they say PSPUAE can't do AGA and most 3.1 games?

FOL

• PSPUAE Dev Team
  • Site Admin
  • A4000T
  • Amigakit.com Technical
    • PSPUAE
« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2008, 04:00:13 PM »

I assume PSPUAE is based/branched/ported off WinUAE right? How hard is it getting PSPUAE up to match with WinUAE?

like, currently they say PSPUAE can't do AGA and most 3.1 games?

It will never be up to the standard of WinUAE. Chilly is working on a complete rebuild of PSPUAE using the latest E-UAE source. While we wait for that, I have been trying to gain more speed from the current source.

I have been messing with making it 3.xx & Slim FW compatible, I have it compiling and working, just getting no sound. I fear, i need some help with getting the sound running from an external kernel prx. Chilly has added the prx ME startup, and test, but im struggling with the psp functions.

In my tests so far, with the ME started and running (its running the sound, just not out putting it) there is a speed increase. Using bubble bobble, I had it running at near fullspeed, with under 1 FPS (05 to 06, in new frameskip logic. 00 being fullspeed.).

There is also the current compatability DataBase Reviewer (displays working settings and reviewer, also the savestates for said game). I finished the reviewer a few weeks ago, but my reviewer Skateblind has vanished, :(. I have a few ideas to add to the reviewer, im going to add it to the site db. In fact I will do this tonight.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2008, 04:08:49 PM by FOL »
Resolute and Industrious

andrewwan1980

• A600
« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2008, 06:03:02 PM »

It will never be up to the standard of WinUAE. Chilly is working on a complete rebuild of PSPUAE using the latest E-UAE source. While we wait for that, I have been trying to gain more speed from the current source.

Can't wait... I been playing without sound just for performance wise... but ... you couldn't even turn off sound in 0.63 & 0.70... but now you can in 0.71 I think....

FOL

• PSPUAE Dev Team
  • Site Admin
  • A4000T
  • Amigakit.com Technical
    • PSPUAE
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2008, 06:06:06 PM »

Can't wait... I been playing without sound just for performance wise... but ... you couldn't even turn off sound in 0.63 & 0.70... but now you can in 0.71 I think....

Huh? you could turn off sound in 0.63 and 0.70, there was a bug in 0.62 that still gave sound even when intterupts was selected, but all fixed now, :).
Resolute and Industrious

andrewwan1980

• A600
« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2008, 08:45:11 AM »

HEY! I recognise that green walker-like profile pic! it's in 0.71 intro screen! so is horace "guy threewood"?

goddam I love those PSPUAE intro screens... anychance of creating an archive/hall-of-fame online to view... I especially love the tune in 0.63BE your birthday edition..

OMFG... TIP for playing adventure games... set mouse to slowest (1) setting... Goblins 3 is a painstakenly hard to control mouse... coz it's slide-show performance... and 50% of your mouse clicks don't register...

hmm.. note-to-self.. remove Goblins 3 from my list of MUST-PLAY-N-COMPLETE....
« Last Edit: May 22, 2008, 08:52:06 AM by andrewwan1980 »

andrewwan1980

• A600
« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2008, 09:03:15 AM »

I have played Another world on pspuae, to the point where the water drowns you, when you have shoot at contained water in caverns, the water then chases you and you have to run and jump several times to escape! it's a bitch to do! lol.
I LOVE doing that water part... it's easy! the hardest is the rocks & ceiling-tentacles & floor-mouths. BTW, that point in the game is the most confusing... coz the water-flooding IS MEANT to happen AFTER the rocks & ceiling-tentacles... but the game actually lets you water-flood without doing the rocks & ceiling-tentacles (coz the flood blocks off the pathway to the rocks & tentacles part of the game... however you don't realise the importance of the rocks & tentacles until you pass the castle and see this gapeing unfilled bottomless swimming pool... (coz the rocks & tentacles part leads you to the bottom of the unfilled swimming pool where you're meant to open the plug hole... which the flood is mean to fill the swimming pool....)

I upload around 3-5 PSPUAE 0.70 game videos a day on average, so keep your eyes peeled.  ;)
Nice... I'd love to upload too... if my 2.0 MEGA PIXELS phone is good enough...

I'm sure FOL will sort a link under gallery for U-tube Videos archive, when he gets time - I dont like distracting him from possible PSPUAE 0.72 release! lol  :o
Thats more important.

I wonder how much time is spent doing the cool intro screens....

FOL

• PSPUAE Dev Team
  • Site Admin
  • A4000T
  • Amigakit.com Technical
    • PSPUAE
« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2008, 02:20:47 PM »

Man im getting confused, you seem to go off on different tangents with all your posts, ;).

The XMB intro PMF, took me around 4 to 5 hours, to get it how I wanted it, even bugged horace with my request for a 30Sec music remix, :).
Resolute and Industrious
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

TinyPortal 2.2.2 © 2005-2022