Ultimate Amiga

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: New to PSP UAE..Please Help...there is something wrong i am doing!!!!  (Read 15764 times)

cynkronyze

• A600

Hi there people, greetings!!!<

i need some help here i have jsut downloaded the o.61 and the 0.62 versions...now when i unzip the download i get two foladers :                  1) V1.00_2.71HenC_GTA-Tiff  and 2) V1.50 . now according to the installation thread you have to paste the %__SCE__PSPUAE and __SCE__PSPUAE folders in the PSP>GAMES folder. i did this by taking these folders from the V1.50 folder...the icon in the PSP games menu shows that it is the Amiga PSPUAE but it says that the data is corrupt.

Please tell me what am i doing wrong.

Thanks a Ton

cynkronyze

• A600
Re: New to PSP UAE..Please Help...there is something wrong i am doing!!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2006, 03:07:02 PM »

i just noticed that my software version on the PSP is 2.82. hmmmmm is there a UAE for this soft ver?

Hungry Horace

• Amorphous Blue-Blob Man
  • Site Admin
  • A4000T
  • Don't forget... Ameboid's need love too!
    • AUW
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2006, 03:26:21 PM »

lol, new to pspuae AND PSP homebrew huh?

afaik the eLoader (program to run homebrew from) supports up to 2.8 these days, but i would be doubtful about 2.82 support... so i dont think you will have much luck.

http://noobz.eu/  - this is the site to check for homebrew on higher version PSPs.... if it can happen - they will report it.

personally i'd say sell your PSP and get one thats already on firmware 1.5 (or 2.71SE if you are that way inclined)  - get yourself Homebrew en masse, and DevHook to emulate higher firmwares and play new games!

however, encouraging anyone to sell a PSP is always hard work!

Quote from: KillerGorilla
because winuae is made of code and your amiga is made of stuff

cynkronyze

• A600
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2006, 03:29:53 PM »

yep i am new to the PSPUAE!!!! hey but thanks for replying really appreciate it.

what is a hombrew en masse and devhook?

and lol!!!!! theres no way i am gonna sell my PSP!!!!!!!!!!! i am not even seeling off my atari 2600!!! its too precious!!!

Hungry Horace

• Site Admin
  • A4000T
    • AUW
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2006, 03:54:44 PM »

yep i am new to the PSPUAE!!!! hey but thanks for replying really appreciate it.

what is a hombrew

any program that can be run on a PSP, which has not been endorssed by Sony.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_Portable_homebrew

en masse

poncy french way of saying "a lot of" .....

http://www.answers.com/topic/en-masse

and devhook?

a program which runs higher PSP firmwares on lower firmware. Can currently run Firmware 3.00 on FW 1.5.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_Portable_homebrew#DevHook

and lol!!!!! theres no way i am gonna sell my PSP!!!!!!!!!!!

i honestly think it is worth it for the sake of Homebrew. it's the best thing about the PSP by a long shot.

i am not even seeling off my atari 2600!!! its too precious!!!

thats different... it's retro. and clearly of sentimental value to you. The PSP will be replaced by something better in the years to come. it's not -that- unique.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2006, 05:12:02 PM by Hungry Horace »

FOL

• PSPUAE Dev Team
  • Site Admin
  • A4000T
  • Amigakit.com Technical
    • PSPUAE
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2006, 05:11:25 PM »

and lol!!!!! theres no way i am gonna sell my PSP!!!!!!!!!!! i am not even seeling off my atari 2600!!! its too precious!!!

If your still having problems, reply to my post and I will devhook 2.82 and make a working install of PSPUAE for you (Minus the Amiga KickRoms).
Resolute and Industrious
Grand ruler of the yellow people and the Ultimate Amiga Empire

Hungry Horace

• Site Admin
  • A4000T
    • AUW
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2006, 05:13:46 PM »

If your still having problems, reply to my post and I will devhook 2.82 and make a working install of PSPUAE for you (Minus the Amiga KickRoms).

is that possible? afaik eloader only supports 2.80 not 2.82 ?? maybe i'm out of the loop   re: homebrew on 2.00+

FOL

• PSPUAE Dev Team
  • Site Admin
  • A4000T
  • Amigakit.com Technical
    • PSPUAE
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2006, 05:17:33 PM »

is that possible? afaik eloader only supports 2.80 not 2.82 ?? maybe i'm out of the loop   re: homebrew on 2.00+

ooops, thought it was, :(, just hope he / she doesnt upgrade. As im sure a downgrader will happen down the line.
Resolute and Industrious

cynkronyze

• A600
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2006, 06:09:43 PM »

Hey thanks a ton man!!!.....(by the way i am a "he" lol!!!..hey if you can do that it would be really kewl!!!...by the way how do i install the devhook? if it is done....but will 2.82 be supported? if it is please make me that PSPUAE for the 2.82...i miss my Amiga !!!!!...i was so close today...but.........

FOL

• PSPUAE Dev Team
  • Site Admin
  • A4000T
  • Amigakit.com Technical
    • PSPUAE
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2006, 09:07:11 PM »

Hey thanks a ton man!!!.....(by the way i am a "he" lol!!!..hey if you can do that it would be really kewl!!!...by the way how do i install the devhook? if it is done....but will 2.82 be supported? if it is please make me that PSPUAE for the 2.82...i miss my Amiga !!!!!...i was so close today...but.........

At the moment, your abit stuffed, just hang in there though, DONT UPDATE your PSP. Even if a UMD tells you to. You have to wait for a 2.82 homebrew loader or downgrader, :(.
Resolute and Industrious

EmuChicken

• PSPUAE Beta Tester
  • A500
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2006, 03:48:32 AM »

sell your psp, and ask me to get a used one from over here....  (japan)...  I'll be able to get you a 1.5 - 2.71 version no problem... .  I'll even add you loads of homebrew if you want a memory card with it! >:D

used PSPs here, around 70 quid

skateblind

• Important 'looking' person
  • Forum Mod
  • A2000
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2006, 05:51:01 AM »

it sounds like your new to the psp scene, so I would suggest going to the wiki links that got posted here if you havn't already.
Firmware is Sony's way of giving you new features to use(internet, music visualizer, etc), but it also's fixes holes in said firmware, which stops you from using software(homebrew/homemade) that  sony cant charge you for.

The bottom line is that if you want to run everything that gets released by Sony and free software that gets made by the public, then get yourself a psp that has 2.8, then downgrade it. There is then software that is available free of charge to use on a < 2.8 firmware, which allows you to 'emulate' the new firmware. This gives you all the latest features that sony have released as well as the ability to run hombrew on the same system.

In the future, if you manage to get a psp that can run homebrew and you want to keep it that way, dont use official sony updates(via network update, updates on umd).

EmuChicken, what do you include exactly with these used psps, original boxes, 32mb stick etc.
I am very interested, as I want to start my own psp projects and need one that is cheap so I don't care if I brick it with software or mods(second analog nub etc)

Cheers

I hope that answers your question, this whole post of mine is a bit pointless, since you can just do what everyone else does, look on the internet(google, forums, etc.).

There is so much information out there concerning this topic, you will start to ask yourself why you didn't just look for it yourself, instead of waiting for days for a reply that might not even answer your question.

Good luck.

Long post I know,but im bored and some people need telling twice, in detail, like me(as Horace and FOL have found out).  >:( - most likely the look on their faces after talking to me for a bit.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2006, 05:55:00 AM by skateblind »
What are you looking at?

cynkronyze

• A600
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2006, 07:18:41 AM »

Hey thanks guys.....really appreciate it...hmm if i sell my PSP i will get peanuts i mean the market in my country is like that....Gaming has only recently caught on here...and i have been in the gaming scene ever since i started walking mainly because i was brought up elsewhere...but now i am back in my country where the IT scene is big..but sadly not gaming....so i dont think there will be much takers here...and i am a bit skeptical selling online because of an incident when i tried selling my Amiga 500. this was a long time ago but scars dont heal.....not so soon actually...i almost got ripped off...but luckily got the bugger and my Amiga 500 back. Snobish Cousins can help sometimes lol!!!!

Hey can the PSPUAE run AGA games/demos as well?

Waht about the C64 emulator VICE and the sega megadrive emu will that run on 2.82 firmware?....

THANKS A TON YOU GUYS FOR REPLYING....I am getting my self a little informed about the scene now and want to relive the good old days....

EmuChicken

• PSPUAE Beta Tester
  • A500
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2006, 07:27:30 AM »

I thought nothing ran on an 2.82 firmware... ...  or is there a TIFF exploit for it now?

Skateblind guy- I'd charge pretty much asking price maybe add ten quid for my bother ;-)  and then postage, but I'm unsure how much it'd cost to europe, shouldnt be too much though.  ....  the going price for a PSP nowadays USED here is around 16800 yen (check google to change it to your currency= but this is what I got one for recently) ... I can try to get a non- TA082 one (1.5 possible), or a TA082, whatever has the cleanest screen I guess...  ...  I'd just give you whatever I get with it, but if you want, I can order a memory stick or whatever and stick lots of crap on it (that I got from the net)....  I need to reinstall my PSP software soon as my ordered memory stick (4gb) comes....  cant wait til it gets here!

ok heres what I got my m8 btw, PSP - TA082 (oops! - my mistake, but now 2,71 is homebrew compat with HEN D), original box, no scratches on the screen or anything, this wasnt the value pack, so ... - 16800 yen....   

I think theres the value pack for around 18000 yen, and then theres new psps going for maybe 20 000 yen (around 100 quid), but homebrew sucks on these models I'm sure

skateblind

• Important 'looking' person
  • Forum Mod
  • A2000
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2006, 10:43:04 PM »

I dont really relish the idea of owning a ta-082 or whatever its called, so i think i will give it a miss, if you can get hold of a 4gb stick, if they exist, for peanuts then that would be nice.
What are you looking at?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

TinyPortal 2.2.2 © 2005-2022