Ultimate Amiga

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: 3.02 OE - A Custom Firmware and Running PSPUAE  (Read 27220 times)

EmuChicken

• PSPUAE Beta Tester
  • A500
Re: 3.02 OE - A Custom Firmware and Running PSPUAE
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2006, 11:12:43 PM »

I dont think the 2.71SE was devhooked...

but the whole 3.02OAB will also be built upon the 1.5 system, if you hit R I think whilst booting you get a menu to help you unbrick n stuff like that (recovery menu).... after this firmware, theres gonna be no reason at all to own 1.5 anymore! :p  .... devhooks already built into 3.02OAB ... isos+homebrew+psx+webbrowsers+music stuff etc

Hungry Horace

• Amorphous Blue-Blob Man
  • Site Admin
  • A4000T
  • Don't forget... Ameboid's need love too!
    • AUW
« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2006, 11:15:46 PM »

true, but it doesnt mean it couldnt happen. ;)

but the whole 3.02OAB will also be built upon the 1.5 system, if you hit R I think whilst booting you get a menu to help you unbrick n stuff like that (recovery menu).... after this firmware, theres gonna be no reason at all to own 1.5 anymore! :p  .... devhooks already built into 3.02OAB ... isos+homebrew+psx+webbrowsers+music stuff etc

again true, but it's still a hack, and therefore not everyone will be happy to just "bung it on" as it were. i am not the only person in the world who thinks "it works, i dont want to f*** with it."  ::)
Quote from: KillerGorilla
because winuae is made of code and your amiga is made of stuff

FOL

• PSPUAE Dev Team
  • Site Admin
  • A4000T
  • Amigakit.com Technical
    • PSPUAE
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2006, 11:24:26 PM »

true, but it doesnt mean it couldnt happen. ;)

again true, but it's still a hack, and therefore not everyone will be happy to just "bung it on" as it were. i am not the only person in the world who thinks "it works, i dont want to f*** with it."  ::)

Aye, Ill let you know how it goes, ;). If you have any questions Emu, I have been using DA 271 SE and 3.02 OE A since they came out, Ill be happy to answer any questions you might have.
Resolute and Industrious
Grand ruler of the yellow people and the Ultimate Amiga Empire

FOL

• PSPUAE Dev Team
  • Site Admin
  • A4000T
  • Amigakit.com Technical
    • PSPUAE
« Reply #18 on: December 25, 2006, 12:08:25 PM »

Its released, ;), debating wether to test it now, been drinking while cooking, so im abit sloshed, lol.
Resolute and Industrious

EmuChicken

• PSPUAE Beta Tester
  • A500
« Reply #19 on: December 25, 2006, 12:35:48 PM »

holy crap!!

apparently the compressions not sorted yet but ...wowee!...  omg! front mission 3 portable! :-D

... damnit the possibilities are endless!  (except the size of my memory card!)  I'm gonna install it tommorow!  lets see how it is ;D

FOL

• PSPUAE Dev Team
  • Site Admin
  • A4000T
  • Amigakit.com Technical
    • PSPUAE
« Reply #20 on: December 25, 2006, 01:32:13 PM »

All I can say is GREAT!!!!!!. Converting my Command and Conquer (and Red Alert) now, ;)
Resolute and Industrious

Hungry Horace

• Amorphous Blue-Blob Man
  • Site Admin
  • A4000T
  • Don't forget... Ameboid's need love too!
    • AUW
« Reply #21 on: December 25, 2006, 02:20:21 PM »

All I can say is GREAT!!!!!!. Converting my Command and Conquer (and Red Alert) now, ;)

for gods sake people... GET OFF THE BLOODY INTERNET!!!

i'm off to watch a dr who dvd and carry on drinking champagne... aahhah!
Quote from: KillerGorilla
because winuae is made of code and your amiga is made of stuff

FOL

• PSPUAE Dev Team
  • Site Admin
  • A4000T
  • Amigakit.com Technical
    • PSPUAE
« Reply #22 on: December 25, 2006, 02:34:35 PM »

for gods sake people... GET OFF THE BLOODY INTERNET!!!

i'm off to watch a dr who dvd and carry on drinking champagne... aahhah!

Indeed, Horace, I will, but after I say, COMMAND AND CONQUER on PSP, working PERFECT, woot, ;)
Resolute and Industrious

rofus

• PSPUAE Affiliate
  • A600
« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2006, 01:16:52 PM »

Hi all,

I bought my PSP (2.01, G on box) one week ago, with intention most of all to have all my emulators on a portable device..in last week there was the 3.02 (A and B) release that is really amazing, installed and working perfect, all advantages of 1.5 firmware in a modern one, easy steps to do all the downgrade etc..

UAE and Amiga is the first thing I tried...I have now it running among with C64, NeoGeo, Capcom (all excellent at fullspeed and 16:9), doom-quake-etc.., plus apps...I have now to install sega and snes emus!

I have a QUESTION about pspuae: I read all posts about optimizing performances via configurations, I tried something and the main problem remains mainly audio (but I have to try something more). I would like to know if pspuae work at 222 or 333 cpu speed (like other emulators and homebrews already do).  If not, there's a way or support to use some plugin (prx) of new 3.02 fw to make this possible? Anyone tried this and noticed eventually some performance difference? It seems to me that in some games an overclocked cpu working could improve that little needed to have fullspeed games running.

Any hint?

R
« Last Edit: December 27, 2006, 01:32:25 PM by FOL »

sappo

• Amiga Fanatic!
  • A600
  • Amiga Fanatic!
« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2006, 01:30:00 PM »

Hi all,

I bought my PSP (2.01, G on box) one week ago, with intention most of all to have all my emulators on a portable device..in last week there was the 3.02 (A and B) release that is really amazing, installed and working perfect, all advantages of 1.5 firmware in a modern one, easy steps to do all the downgrade etc..

UAE and Amiga is the first thing I tried...I have now it running among with C64, NeoGeo, Capcom (all excellent at fullspeed and 16:9), doom-quake-etc.., plus apps...I have now to install sega and snes emus!

I have a QUESTION about pspuae: I read all posts about optimizing performances via configurations, I tried something and the main problem remains mainly audio (but I have to try something more). I would like to know if pspuae work at 222 or 333 cpu speed (like other emulators and homebrews already do).  If not, there's a way or support to use some plugin (prx) of new 3.02 fw to make this possible? Anyone tried this and noticed eventually some performance difference? It seems to me that in some games an overclocked cpu working could improve that little needed to have fullspeed games running.

Any hint?

R

It works at 333 :P So, all that could be did has already been done :P
« Last Edit: December 27, 2006, 01:32:01 PM by FOL »

FOL

• PSPUAE Dev Team
  • Site Admin
  • A4000T
  • Amigakit.com Technical
    • PSPUAE
« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2006, 01:31:37 PM »

Hi all,

Any hint?

R

Sappo was abit to quick for me there, ;), Its being worked on, thinkp and ric are working on trying to improve things, thinkp with the sound and ric with the FAME C (CPU Emulation) core. Just hang in there, ;).
Resolute and Industrious

sappo

• Amiga Fanatic!
  • A600
  • Amiga Fanatic!
« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2006, 01:34:15 PM »

Hehe, FOL ;)

Don't worry, they RULE! They already made impossible possible on the PSP, we can expect more incredible things ;D

rofus

• PSPUAE Affiliate
  • A600
« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2006, 05:28:29 PM »

Hehe, FOL ;)

Don't worry, they RULE! They already made impossible possible on the PSP, we can expect more incredible things ;D

Thanks for quick reply, I didn't know it was already working at 33mhz (but I could imagine).
I'm sure we'll see the impossible made also for amiga on psp .. I'm a *nix system administrator as dayjob, I have to say I'm quite impressed by the quality and skills of people on the psp 'underground' scene, it's just incredible the quantity and quality of things happening on this machine, and it's also surprising to know so many people have this beauty without knowing (or with still 'locked' fws) all the things they can do with this handheld dream machine.

I've just installed snes and genesis emulators...after seeing the incredible work on capcom and neogeo (they are better than the ones on my Mac Osx), I'm really waiting for the definitive portable amiga emulator.

At the moment I'm just reading something on qj about dev on psp, I'd like to join with some core code or maybe organizing releases and installers also for mac.

For now, just waiting and trying again with some configurations to get things better on pspuae..

G

FOL

• PSPUAE Dev Team
  • Site Admin
  • A4000T
  • Amigakit.com Technical
    • PSPUAE
« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2006, 05:51:28 PM »

Hehe, FOL ;)

Thanks for quick reply, I didn't know it was already working at 33mhz (but I could imagine).
I'm sure we'll see the impossible made also for amiga on psp .. I'm a *nix system administrator as dayjob, I have to say I'm quite impressed by the quality and skills of people on the psp 'underground' scene, it's just incredible the quantity and quality of things happening on this machine, and it's also surprising to know so many people have this beauty without knowing (or with still 'locked' fws) all the things they can do with this handheld dream machine.

I've just installed snes and genesis emulators...after seeing the incredible work on capcom and neogeo (they are better than the ones on my Mac Osx), I'm really waiting for the definitive portable amiga emulator.

At the moment I'm just reading something on qj about dev on psp, I'd like to join with some core code or maybe organizing releases and installers also for mac.

For now, just waiting and trying again with some configurations to get things better on pspuae..

G

No, problems, if you want, take a look at the save states, they might be old, but the new 1`s will come with a config file, so they are setup to get the best speed possable with the current release. The new states should go online New Years (depending on if I can stay off Command and Conquer, on the PS1Emu on 3.02 OE - B) and StarTrek Legacy, ;).
Resolute and Industrious

FOL

• PSPUAE Dev Team
  • Site Admin
  • A4000T
  • Amigakit.com Technical
    • PSPUAE
« Reply #29 on: December 28, 2006, 12:44:04 AM »

Some Pics, of PSX Emu in action, they dont do it justice though.

Resolute and Industrious
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

TinyPortal 2.2.2 © 2005-2022