Ultimate Amiga

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: PSPUAE 0.63 Progress Update  (Read 15507 times)

FOL

• PSPUAE Dev Team
  • Site Admin
  • A4000T
  • Amigakit.com Technical
    • PSPUAE
PSPUAE 0.63 Progress Update
« on: January 21, 2007, 07:35:50 PM »

Hi,

Let me start by saying the CE 0.62 was a great success, and thanks to all the PSP USER'S out there, who downloaded it. The CE 0.62 was a massive update in terms of hardwork, put into it, by Ric, Thinkp and myself. Also Hungry Horace and Emuchicken, for helping test and package it.

Now, on to the NEWS.

Been chatting to Ric, and heres whats going on. Ric and Thinkp have been working on ways to utilise the Media Engine (2nd CPU of PSP). Although the ME beta has sound running from the ME CPU, its far from perfect. Running the sound from the ME, might be dumped, as it does'nt seem to yield any benefits. There is already 0.63 Beta 1, being tested to confirm this.

The 2nd idea, is to move other functions to the ME, this will lift the load on the Main CPU, and hopefully increase speed that way. 1 such function is the Screen Rendering, the idea is to split it in half, run half the rendering on Main CPU and the other half on the ME CPU.

Ric has also made some other otimizations to pspuae to help with speed, so its onwards and upwards for PSPUAE. 1 Otimization, is Ric's profiling code, that does yield some speed increases, he is working on applying it to the ME CPU.

First, you must understand, that it means alot of coding. Ric and Thinkp are working on it when they get chance. So dont expect a release for at least a month or 2 (could be longer). Also remember, the ME CPU on the PSP is'nt that well documented yet, alot is still unknown, so be patient, ;).

I am working on HD support again. Im also working on giving site a make over (Workbench style), as well as updating and adding new Save States (designed do run with current release). So as you can see its still on going here, behind the scenes.

Last thing to metion is AGA support. It has been decided, it will be added/worked on, ONCE we have a decent enough speed with ECS.

So, although Amiga fans have had a nice run since JULY last year, of monthly releases, just need to say we havent gone any where and don't intent to.

Thats about it,

Thanks again for your continued support.

PSPUAE Dev / Site Team.....
« Last Edit: January 21, 2007, 07:38:44 PM by FOL »
Resolute and Industrious
Grand ruler of the yellow people and the Ultimate Amiga Empire

Anemos

• Nothing
  • Forum Mod
  • A2000
  • =/\=
Re: PSPUAE 0.63 Progress Update
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2007, 09:54:42 PM »

good news..  ;)
i hope this finaly working..
keep memory,s as treasure

metallklaus

• A600
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2007, 10:01:59 PM »

Yeah, god news. Hope i can test it soon. ;D

PSPrulez

• A600
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2007, 06:48:27 AM »

That sounds really nice. HD en AGA. Hopefully it goes really well. I wish you all the best on programming.  8)

EmuChicken

• PSPUAE Beta Tester
  • A500
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2007, 10:26:26 AM »

I just hope that they leave options to pass AGA code to optimise the setup for OCS / ECS games!  ... well- good luck for the speeding up!  :)  we'll be waiting!

skateblind

• Important 'looking' person
  • Forum Mod
  • A2000
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2007, 12:45:14 PM »

With all the speed up code and little extras, i would say that it will be one of the best version to be released. AGA support will be nice, but I doubt there will be a good frame rate at the first release or so. I dont know much about it to be honest, so if someone(looking at FOL and coders) could maybe explain why certain bits like AGA are so CPU intensive, that would be appreciated.
What are you looking at?

GnoStiC

• PSPUAE DEV
  • A600
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2007, 03:46:55 PM »

for one;
everytime (many times a second) a screen related stuff happens, we have to check if it OCS or ECS or AGA.. less compare means more speed :)
besides AGA means more (gfx) planes and that means more data must be written.. (this has to happen 50/60 times a second)

With all the speed up code and little extras, i would say that it will be one of the best version to be released. AGA support will be nice, but I doubt there will be a good frame rate at the first release or so. I dont know much about it to be honest, so if someone(looking at FOL and coders) could maybe explain why certain bits like AGA are so CPU intensive, that would be appreciated.
the box said 'requires windows 95 or better'. so I installed linux.

FOL

• PSPUAE Dev Team
  • Site Admin
  • A4000T
  • Amigakit.com Technical
    • PSPUAE
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2007, 06:39:10 PM »

Yeh, think people completely read what they wanted. I was ment to be making a point, but it some what back fired, :(. What we ment, is AGA wont be touched until we are happy with OCS, ECS speeds with sound.
Resolute and Industrious

Firestar_Jes

• A600
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2007, 05:12:46 PM »

Nice to hear.

Seems everything is working out fine.
Keep up the good work.

]--Freeman--[

• A600
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2007, 01:56:52 PM »

Wow, you're doing a great work!! I don't know if you have realised, but it has released a new custom firmware called 3.03 OE C by Dark Alex and I am wondering if the new PSPUAE will work in this firmware. :)

Thanks for this great emulator!! :___)

FOL

• PSPUAE Dev Team
  • Site Admin
  • A4000T
  • Amigakit.com Technical
    • PSPUAE
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2007, 06:43:26 PM »

Wow, you're doing a great work!! I don't know if you have realised, but it has released a new custom firmware called 3.03 OE C by Dark Alex and I am wondering if the new PSPUAE will work in this firmware. :)

Thanks for this great emulator!! :___)

Yes it works fine, with 3.03 OE C, I was playing Some CD32 (ECS) games today in work with it, ;).
Just follow the installation guide, in the installation and help forum. 3.0X OE firmwares are the same, so follow the guide, where it says for example, 3.02 A or B, just read it as 3.03 A / A' (2) or B, depending on your firmware.
Resolute and Industrious

Ankalagan

• A600
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2007, 11:38:35 AM »

Hello the amigamaniacs

It' s great news ;D you are very  very and very crazy team but you are the best   :D

AKA

AKA

Hai

• compute + compose
  • A600
  • audio, video and stage artist
    • THE DUNGEON
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2007, 02:18:28 PM »

Been away due to emotional crisis! Returned to human form! Very glad to see progress! Ready to find bugs when needed!

Greets from Hai.

A1200, Blizzard 68060 (clocked to 66mhz), Melody PRO audioboard, 16mb fast, 850mb HD, SCSI cd-rom

Spaced Invader

• A600
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2007, 02:38:16 AM »

Great news. Glad to see such an awesome and passionate team behind my favorite PSP-emulator.

Tanaka932

• A600
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2007, 01:29:31 PM »

Hi all my friends,i'm italian and my favourite computer is Amiga 500.I hope and i believe in your work,now it is a beta but it is a great work.
I will very happy a day to see the final version of the best emulator on psp (THIS ONE, PSPUAE).

Come on Guys, You are The Best!!!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

TinyPortal 2.2.2 © 2005-2022