Ultimate Amiga

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HDD in PSPUAE  (Read 5917 times)

]--Freeman--[

• A600
HDD in PSPUAE
« on: January 26, 2007, 02:17:19 PM »

Hi people! My question is the following: Is possible emulate HDD games in PSPUAE like WinUAE or I'm flippin out? If it's possible, is there some tutorial in the Forum? I have been searching it but I don't find it!!

Thanks a lot!!!! :D:D:D

skateblind

• Important 'looking' person
  • Forum Mod
  • A2000
Re: HDD in PSPUAE
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2007, 05:19:19 PM »

There is no hdd or hdf support yet, but I know FOL is working on it.

Depending on compatibility and memory needed, you can still get your HD installed games to work in PSPUAE.You need to make a boot disk that puts all the needed files into RAM and then run the program from there. This takes a while to do, but there is a clever way to speed up the loading  and that is by using save states like the ones on the home page. These basically store all the information loaded into RAM and can make your game load where ever you started the state from.

Heres link to some threads on the site that might help.

http://pspuae.condor.serverpro3.com/index.php/board,19.0.html.

If there is a particular game you would like to be made available, then just post a new topic in the save states request topic in the forum and I'm sure me or one of the other RAM installers will help you out. If the game you want will work on PSPUAE, then Im sure it will take no longer than a day or two(maybe less) for someone to make it and stick it on the homepage.

Hope that helps at all.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2007, 05:57:22 PM by skateblind »
What are you looking at?

FOL

• PSPUAE Dev Team
  • Site Admin
  • A4000T
  • Amigakit.com Technical
    • PSPUAE
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2007, 06:38:32 PM »

Hi people! My question is the following: Is possible emulate HDD games in PSPUAE like WinUAE or I'm flippin out? If it's possible, is there some tutorial in the Forum? I have been searching it but I don't find it!!

Thanks a lot!!!! :D:D:D

Skate is indeed correct, im currently working on this, hoping to get chatting to GnoStiC, to dicuss some idea`s tonight.
Resolute and Industrious
Grand ruler of the yellow people and the Ultimate Amiga Empire

]--Freeman--[

• A600
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2007, 10:46:35 PM »

Thanks Skate! I'll have a look at the post. For the moment, it's only curiosity, but may be, in a future I'll be interested to load games that ask a lot of changes of disks (Never I'll forget the moment where Largo spit in the bar in  Monkey island 2, the quantity of times that I had to  change the disks! ;D).

Good Luck FOL! I hope you can find out the light which let you follow the good way ;) ;). May the force be with you!! :P
Pages: [1]   Go Up

TinyPortal 2.2.2 © 2005-2022