Ultimate Amiga

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: PSPUAE needs beta Testers!  (Read 25561 times)

Hungry Horace

• Amorphous Blue-Blob Man
  • Site Admin
  • A4000T
  • Don't forget... Ameboid's need love too!
    • AUW
PSPUAE needs beta Testers!
« on: February 01, 2007, 08:31:00 PM »

ok guys, here's the score.

Very few of our old beta-testers have bothered to submit any kind of bug-reports, expecially during the hectic pre-0.62  release period, where we had over 10 betas overall, and could really have used bug-reports by more than just the one or two of us that were making the effort.

So, we have revoked most of the beta-testing rights given to some of our users, with a few obvious exceptions.

Sorry guys, but if we were happy to not get feedback, we'd make the betas public.... however, we prefer to keep beta's private, to ensure a more quality piece of work for each of our users with each release, and less chances of obvious / repeated feedback.

What we are proposing then, is an open-submission system for beta-tester status. If you could inform us publicly (PM's regarding the matter will be ignored) via www.pspuae.com of why you think you should be in the running for one of the 6 or so beta-tester status rights, we will take your offer into consideration.

Please bare in mind the kind of things which would make you a suitable tester; maybe your level of amiga understanding is particuarly high, perhaps you are running pspuae via HEN and realise that we require testers with as many different homebrew-enabled PSP as possible, or perhaps you have previous experience beta-testing other emulators....

if you think you should be a tester - you must have your reasons. Let us know what they are, and we will take all serious offers into consideration.

Good Luck guys, and i look forward to seeing the lucky few of you "on the other side!"
Quote from: KillerGorilla
because winuae is made of code and your amiga is made of stuff

Bluecat

• A600
Re: PSPUAE needs beta Testers!
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2007, 09:35:41 PM »

pedranic

• A600
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2007, 10:13:07 PM »

I want to be a beta tester. The reason are:

1. I am 29 years old, and all my life i have been together an commodore computer. First commodore 64, then amiga 500 (with 1MB) and last amiga 1200 with hard disk with blizzard and ........ AMIGA CD32!!!!!

2. I have an amazing amiga games collection.

3. I like so much your emulator, i have been using it since it was created.

4. I am engineer, and i have studied programation about c++, builder, pascal, basic, etc.... although it isn't  my best. I am able to recognize  program bugs for report you.

5. If you want, i can send you pics of all my original amiga games, such as beast 1, rainbow island, wrath of the demon, ivanhoe, turrican 1, turrican 2, and a large etc.........

6. I love amiga and pspuae.

7. You are getting me with this emulator that remember my young ages, letting me enjoy it on my bed all nights :)

Kind Regards.

speedvicio

• PSPUAE Beta Tester
  • A600
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2007, 10:45:12 PM »

It would appeal to to me to be a your beta tester, but my english is very bad.
I am 29 years old and i have an Amiga 500 with memory 1Mb, monitor 1084 and joystick albatros, a lot of original games and i has always considered the Amiga the best machine game at not from ever. I love the saga of Turrican and it would appeal to to me to see emulated it on mine psp. I have some knowledge of visual basic and vbscript, (I have developed a pinball game dedicated to Turrican in turrican seta site). If you are interested you write via email.

Exscuse again for my bad english, this text is partially traslated from google.

titch

• PSPUAE Beta Tester
  • A600
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2007, 11:05:33 PM »

Happy to help out on my HEN-D 2.71 psp

More than happy to put my PSP to a useful purpose ;)

Raventyr

• PSPUAE Beta Tester
  • A600
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2007, 12:52:31 PM »

I'd like to help you folks out, I've been following your work ever since I found your site.  I have a good understanding of the workings of the Amiga.  My one and only Amiga was a bog standard A500, which i later upgraded with some extra memory.  I had a vast collection of games, but I also enjoyed tinkering with utilities such as octamed pro and dpaint.  I also used an action replay box from time to time, got to love that slowmo dial, heh.

I've been using various Amiga emulators on the pc over the years, my favourite being winUAE.  I have stacks of roms.  Currently I'm using fw-1.50 on my psp.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~ MMMM Brainsss ~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

pedranic

• A600
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2007, 02:54:38 PM »

It's true! I forgot to say that my PSP version is 3.02OE.

JordanBlack68

• A600
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2007, 04:57:10 PM »

I have always used amiga emulator and i am always interested in Beta Testing.

I have a U.P Mod Chip so I can load up any firmware and test various ways eloader, hen, custom firmware, 1.00 TIFF etc.

I have done loads of testing in the past, for example, i tested with NOPx86 founder of libTiff and FreePlay (High rated developer) and many other people.  I would love to do this for my collection.

Thanks

CABBAGES

• A600
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2007, 08:17:21 PM »

Well i love emulation and i like to test emulators :D I like to make videos too (If that would be allowed).
Check my videos on youtube
 http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=CABBAGES

If you look through them you will even see some for the amiga emulators on the gp2x :D

tnt2gamer

• A600
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2007, 09:19:41 PM »

1. I was a Beta Tester for C64S (Commodore 64 Emulator)
2. I am the proud owner of WinUAE, which I have been using for years
3. I have one PSP with FW 1.00
4. I have one PSP with FW 3.03 OE-C
5. I owned the Amiga 1000, 500, and 2000
6. I have 1029 Amiga disk images to use on PSPUAE
7. I know how the Amiga is supposed to run
8. I know some good programs to bog the emulator down with to see if it is running at full speed or not
9. I have been using emulators for years

RangeR

• A600
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2007, 10:47:02 PM »

I would be honoured if I was considered to be a beta tester. I never knew that an Amiga emulator existed for PSP. To me, this is very exciting. My Amiga days started way back in or around 1995 when I got an Amiga 1500. Wow, two floppy drives and 1MB RAM. I was the envoy of all of my A500 friends. I then bought Action Replay III and Syncro Express. Got heavy into the PD scene and whatnot

I wasn't just a gamer, although the games were [are] great. I was big into making my own compilation disks and messing around with utilities. Powerpacker... One of the best packages around, ever, on any platform. Man, that baby can compress ANY file, even executables. Fit 2 or 3 MB onto a Floppy.

I'm ashamed to say that my use of the Amiga dried up when Commodore went bust. Not by choice, I was very young. My first thought was that they are gone, so Amiga is dead. I never had enough money to buy a better Amiga but it always had a great place in my heart.

For the best part of 7 years, my A1500 gathered dust. It came to a point when I didn't have space for it so had to get rid of it. Years past but the longing remained. After a few years, I started getting jobs, money etc. Went onto eBay and bought an A500 with loads of stuff. Brought back great memories.

Then my long time girlfriend came. Space became a premium in our house and had to give up the A500 again. It pained me but it is just a fact of life.

Only in the past 4 or 5 weeks, I've come to realise that I won't be "allowed" to have yet another computer in the house so I went out and purchased Amiga Forever 2006 by Claonto. I know the software can be "aquired" from other sources but the 2 extra DVD's are a mindfield of information on the history of the Amiga and it's good to support companies that are trying to keep the Amiga alive.

I'm also in the process of downloading the entire 32GB of files from Aminet, Fred Fish collection [He's a good guy], the TOSEC collection.... But I've had [and still have] a huge collection of ADF images gathered throughout the years, including games, applications, magazine cover disks and BBS disks.

Anyway, what I'm trying to say os, I have a lot of Amiga knowledge and have a lot to bring to this product. I'll be realistic, I may not be able to give feedback every day, but I should be able to provide feedback at least once a week.

My PSP is 3.03OE.

pspman1234

• A600
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2007, 11:22:22 PM »

Hey There.

My name is luke and there are verious reasons i would like to be a beta tester.

1. I have 2 psp's One 3.03 oe-c and one 1.50.
2. i have a 4gb memory stick.
3. i have owned a amiga 500 20 mg hard drive, monitor and hundreds of games.
4. My knwolage of amiga and psps are very good and i can do about anything on either of the consoles.
5.I have been a regular visitor to this site i have the pspuae emulator and am up to date with the news.
6. I have done beta testing before with thins such as AOTM, Fake Updater and SNES 0.9.
7. As i live in australia and am in the middle of my summer holidays and have 6 weeks of holidays to come and have many hours free time.
8. I promise to contribute to this project as much as is humanly possible :D :D

My Email is        REMOVED <----By FOL (Just incase)

Regards Luke K

« Last Edit: February 02, 2007, 11:26:49 PM by FOL »

pomata

• A600
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2007, 02:39:10 AM »

I want to be a beta tester. The reason are:

- IO AMO AMIGA! ( I LOVE AMIGA!)  :P

CIAO  ;)

mmz16x

• A600
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2007, 03:09:25 AM »

hi id like to be a beta tester because

1. i have 24/7 availability
2.i have 2 1.50 psp's and 1 3.03 oe-c
3.my collection of rom titles are in the 28,000's inclueding some TOSEC sets
4.i am good at explaining results as i used to be a pc technician
5.this is on a side note i have a custom built very capable pc so if i was asked to compile software or relay data i could do it very efficiently
6.i unfortunantly i have not used an Amiga before so my knowledge of the system is it noob stats
7.i own multiple systems so i could test ports of the emu on any of the listed systems xbox, ps2, dreamcast, saturn, sega cd, gamecube and of course PSP

P.S. i do not have programming knowledge but am very reliable and wont stop working on a job till its 250% +

Anemos

• Nothing
  • Forum Mod
  • A2000
  • =/\=
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2007, 06:55:39 AM »

send me whit pm .. evrything about new PSPUAE beta program to test
i thing all we want to be betatester..
 ::)
keep memory,s as treasure
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up