Ultimate Amiga

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: PSPUAE-062-CE on FW 3.03OE-C  (Read 18221 times)

caver99

• A600
PSPUAE-062-CE on FW 3.03OE-C
« on: February 10, 2007, 05:59:25 PM »

I have read post about how to get the emulator working and so far no joy i have the 3.03OE-C firmware and i have freshly formatted my 1gb mem card and its the only program on there and when it starts i get the splash screen then it goes black then the psp shuts off, i have tried both sets of the emulator i.e. the V1.50 and the V1.00_2.71HENC_GTA-tiff, both give the same result, i cant wait too get this running as i still love my A500 and A1200 but i would be nice being able to play them at work as well.
Anyone help m,e PLEASE!!!!!

Thanks

Graham

FOL

• PSPUAE Dev Team
  • Site Admin
  • A4000T
  • Amigakit.com Technical
    • PSPUAE
Re: PSPUAE-062-CE on FW 3.03OE-C
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2007, 08:55:11 PM »

I have read post about how to get the emulator working and so far no joy i have the 3.03OE-C firmware and i have freshly formatted my 1gb mem card and its the only program on there and when it starts i get the splash screen then it goes black then the psp shuts off, i have tried both sets of the emulator i.e. the V1.50 and the V1.00_2.71HENC_GTA-tiff, both give the same result, i cant wait too get this running as i still love my A500 and A1200 but i would be nice being able to play them at work as well.
Anyone help m,e PLEASE!!!!!

Thanks

Graham

you got the kickroms? in the correct place?

Sounds like, you either havent got them (PSPUAE wont boot if you havent got atleast Kickstart1.3),
they are in the wrong folder (they have to be in the KICKS folder),
they arent named correctly (i,e, they have to be named, kick13, kick20 etc etc.),
they are oversized (i.e. the roms that come with amigaforever)

Has to be 1 of those 4.

Did you take a look at my install guide?
PSPUAE Install Guide
« Last Edit: February 10, 2007, 09:00:21 PM by FOL »
Resolute and Industrious
Grand ruler of the yellow people and the Ultimate Amiga Empire

caver99

• A600
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2007, 12:10:08 PM »

I had Kick31.rom in the roms directory, but after reading what you said i tried again by putting kick13, 21 and 31 in ther kick directory and low and behold i worked, came up woth the workbench 1.3 hand cool, thanks

FOL

• PSPUAE Dev Team
  • Site Admin
  • A4000T
  • Amigakit.com Technical
    • PSPUAE
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2007, 12:48:04 PM »

I had Kick31.rom in the roms directory, but after reading what you said i tried again by putting kick13, 21 and 31 in ther kick directory and low and behold i worked, came up woth the workbench 1.3 hand cool, thanks

No problems, welcome to the wonderful world of PSP emulation, ;)
Resolute and Industrious

guille92

• A600
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2007, 05:30:41 PM »

FOL

• PSPUAE Dev Team
  • Site Admin
  • A4000T
  • Amigakit.com Technical
    • PSPUAE
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2007, 06:42:07 PM »

« Last Edit: February 18, 2007, 06:43:58 PM by FOL »
Resolute and Industrious

EmuChicken

• PSPUAE Beta Tester
  • A500
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2007, 09:37:21 PM »

...  psp @ 333mhz... pc @ 2.6ghz

running winuae on a 333mhz machine now is a complete joke X)  ....  If you turn sound off you get a good speed increase... and maybe frameskip on 2 or 3 :)  That should make most of your games playable

FOL

• PSPUAE Dev Team
  • Site Admin
  • A4000T
  • Amigakit.com Technical
    • PSPUAE
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2007, 09:42:20 PM »

Well, if you need to know the settings for games. Im currently remaking the Compatability DataBase, to become GCDB Reviewer. Thanks to skate for pushing me into it, ;).

So the GCDB is making a return, bigger, better and more detailed than ever, ;). Should be ready in a few days, it will list info on games and the PSPUAE settings, needed to play it as best as possable.
Resolute and Industrious

guille92

• A600
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2007, 09:51:33 PM »

FOL

• PSPUAE Dev Team
  • Site Admin
  • A4000T
  • Amigakit.com Technical
    • PSPUAE
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2007, 10:10:00 PM »

Resolute and Industrious

EmuChicken

• PSPUAE Beta Tester
  • A500
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2007, 07:15:22 AM »

You guessed it, Supercars 2 is one of them old classics that dont perform well on anything over a 1.3 :p   ...  but if you use the savestate thats on this site, you should always use 3.0 :)

Just play around with the options until you get a working game, its not that difficult to keep fiddling until it works... theres only 2 real configs to choose from anyways (one > old amiga other > new amiga with a few more megs etc)

kanobi

• A600
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2007, 10:13:47 PM »

I've got the exact same problem only i've done wot you said, followed install guide (name kicks correct and put in kicks folder) but psp still goes black after splash screen, then switchs off. very frustrating. please somebody help  ???

FOL

• PSPUAE Dev Team
  • Site Admin
  • A4000T
  • Amigakit.com Technical
    • PSPUAE
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2007, 10:54:07 PM »

I've got the exact same problem only i've done wot you said, followed install guide (name kicks correct and put in kicks folder) but psp still goes black after splash screen, then switchs off. very frustrating. please somebody help  ???

need more details.
Resolute and Industrious

kanobi

• A600
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2007, 01:10:56 PM »

thanx 4 takin time to read this FOL.... i've got DAX FW 3.03oe-c and formated the MS for oe-c. I followed ur easy install (by the way is v-helpfull) for PSPUAE-62-CE step by step. found the kicks like you said via google and through bitcomet (thats what i use) also. there are lots an lots of Amiga kicks. Followed the read me along with ur guides example of what kicks should look like, put them in KICKS folder and still psp shows slpash screen goes blank an switches off.....i've tryed moving PSPUAE to game150 and game303 with no joy, ive also made sure the psp kernel is in 1.50 mode. Do you think i should try formating the MS again, or am I using the correct Amiga kicks as theres so many ? how about upgrading to DAX 3.10oe. At the moment i have the SNES an GENISIS emu's working no problems. you see i miss my Amiga 500+ and 600 (mum = put in bin) and you can't beat games like AXEL'S MAGIC HAMMER, RAINBOW ISLANDS and ZOOL which were best on the Amiga. Any advise or help is most appreciated.  :) ??? :)
P.S feel free to use me e-mail add
« Last Edit: February 20, 2007, 01:20:36 PM by kanobi »

FOL

• PSPUAE Dev Team
  • Site Admin
  • A4000T
  • Amigakit.com Technical
    • PSPUAE
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2007, 05:03:54 PM »

thanx 4 takin time to read this FOL.... i've got DAX FW 3.03oe-c and formated the MS for oe-c. I followed ur easy install (by the way is v-helpfull) for PSPUAE-62-CE step by step. found the kicks like you said via google and through bitcomet (thats what i use) also. there are lots an lots of Amiga kicks. Followed the read me along with ur guides example of what kicks should look like, put them in KICKS folder and still psp shows slpash screen goes blank an switches off.....i've tryed moving PSPUAE to game150 and game303 with no joy, ive also made sure the psp kernel is in 1.50 mode. Do you think i should try formating the MS again, or am I using the correct Amiga kicks as theres so many ? how about upgrading to DAX 3.10oe. At the moment i have the SNES an GENISIS emu's working no problems. you see i miss my Amiga 500+ and 600 (mum = put in bin) and you can't beat games like AXEL'S MAGIC HAMMER, RAINBOW ISLANDS and ZOOL which were best on the Amiga. Any advise or help is most appreciated.  :) ??? :)
P.S feel free to use me e-mail add

k, no problems, if your getting splash screen, then it goes blank, its definately the KickRom's causing the problem. You MSN, I can chat to you on there if you want?
Resolute and Industrious
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

TinyPortal 2.2.2 © 2005-2022