Ultimate Amiga

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Downloading PD amiga software (that works on pspuae)?  (Read 10513 times)

baboon

• Amiga fanatic
  • PSPUAE Beta Tester
  • A600
  • Moon Monkey
Downloading PD amiga software (that works on pspuae)?
« on: March 05, 2007, 12:15:43 PM »

Anbody know where I can download Public Domain amiga software (that works on pspuae without having to recompile it)? ...to be precise 'fish-0005'?

Cheers.  ;D

FOL

• PSPUAE Dev Team
  • Site Admin
  • A4000T
  • Amigakit.com Technical
    • PSPUAE
Re: Downloading PD amiga software (that works on pspuae)?
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2007, 12:16:59 PM »

Anbody know where I can download Public Domain amiga software (that works on pspuae without having to recompile it)? ...to be precise 'fish-0005'?

Cheers.  ;D

Recompile it?
You mean adf's?
Resolute and Industrious
Grand ruler of the yellow people and the Ultimate Amiga Empire

EmuChicken

• PSPUAE Beta Tester
  • A500
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2007, 12:30:11 PM »

mess about with the adfs in winuae (as you would do with disks)... then pass on the adf to pspuae....   I'm guessing the pd disks are just disks with executable files on there with a front end

baboon

• Amiga fanatic
  • PSPUAE Beta Tester
  • A600
  • Moon Monkey
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2007, 12:39:12 PM »

Cheers.  ;D

Recompile it?
You mean adf's?

Yep an ADF.

I'm pretty sure  the prog im after is here: http://aminet.net/package.php/misc/fish/fish-0005

...its the 'speechtoy' program which I'm pretty sure is basicaly the 'say' synthesis program but with a cool GUI and alot more options bolted on. The only problem is the file thats on that link needs to be compiled as its in the folder 'speechtoysrc' (as Horrace kindly pointed out to me on another site). I wouldnt know where to start in compiling it and was hoping that someone on here might know a website thats got a load of PD demos/utilities in adf that you can simply download (in particular that speechtoy app)??

FOL

• PSPUAE Dev Team
  • Site Admin
  • A4000T
  • Amigakit.com Technical
    • PSPUAE
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2007, 12:47:28 PM »

What about CLICK HERE!!!?
Resolute and Industrious

baboon

• Amiga fanatic
  • PSPUAE Beta Tester
  • A600
  • Moon Monkey
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2007, 01:06:04 PM »

Its a rom site so my works IT has blocked it so I cant check now... but I was looking on there the other day and couldnt find what I wanted. :(

No worries though, it was just something I used to have when I used to own an amiga and thought it would be pretty cool on the psp (typing swear words aka  Steven Hawkins tourettes stylee) lol ..ive already got the workbench13 one working but wanted the same version I used to have that was on a PD disk.

I guess I can live without it. lol

FOL

• PSPUAE Dev Team
  • Site Admin
  • A4000T
  • Amigakit.com Technical
    • PSPUAE
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2007, 01:19:52 PM »

Its a rom site so my works IT has blocked it so I cant check now... but I was looking on there the other day and couldnt find what I wanted. :(

No worries though, it was just something I used to have when I used to own an amiga and thought it would be pretty cool on the psp (typing swear words aka  Steven Hawkins tourettes stylee) lol ..ive already got the workbench13 one working but wanted the same version I used to have that was on a PD disk.

On an off topic side note, ill up all 3 RoboCops as savestates tonight, ;).
Resolute and Industrious

baboon

• Amiga fanatic
  • PSPUAE Beta Tester
  • A600
  • Moon Monkey
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2007, 01:27:02 PM »

I'd buy that for a dollar!  ;D

That will give me an excuse to try robocop3 out on PSPUAE cause I've not had a go on it yet.

Nice one! :0

FOL

• PSPUAE Dev Team
  • Site Admin
  • A4000T
  • Amigakit.com Technical
    • PSPUAE
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2007, 01:40:03 PM »

I'd buy that for a dollar!  ;D

That will give me an excuse to try robocop3 out on PSPUAE cause I've not had a go on it yet.

Nice one! :0

Never?
It was awesome, remember whipping it from my dads shop, and thinking, wtf is this stupid plastic attachment, that went between the floppy drive (i think). It was to stop it being copied, lol. It is a damn fine game, one of my other all time classics, which is similar, is Killing Cloud.
Resolute and Industrious

baboon

• Amiga fanatic
  • PSPUAE Beta Tester
  • A600
  • Moon Monkey
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2007, 02:01:25 PM »

Never?
It was awesome, remember whipping it from my dads shop, and thinking, wtf is this stupid plastic attachment, that went between the floppy drive (i think). It was to stop it being copied, lol. It is a damn fine game, one of my other all time classics, which is similar, is Killing Cloud.

No I did used to own it and it was a quality game! ...The 1st person perspective shooting terrorist parts were ace, plus the driving and even the flying sections were great (although I was quite cack at flying). What I mean is I've never tried it on pspuae... well never tried it and actualy got it to work. :( ...You wont like this but the only way I previously got this to work on the PSP was via  Castaway! ...eek!

If you post the save states later i'll be checking this beaut out asap! :)

FOL

• PSPUAE Dev Team
  • Site Admin
  • A4000T
  • Amigakit.com Technical
    • PSPUAE
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2007, 05:27:46 PM »

Never?

No I did used to own it and it was a quality game! ...The 1st person perspective shooting terrorist parts were ace, plus the driving and even the flying sections were great (although I was quite cack at flying). What I mean is I've never tried it on pspuae... well never tried it and actualy got it to work. :( ...You wont like this but the only way I previously got this to work on the PSP was via  Castaway! ...eek!

FFS, why does everyone think i dont like the ST, Ive tried getting hold of the Castaway source, so myself and thinkp could update it. The author however never got back to us.
Resolute and Industrious

baboon

• Amiga fanatic
  • PSPUAE Beta Tester
  • A600
  • Moon Monkey
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2007, 05:29:52 PM »

Never?

FFS, why does everyone think i dont like the ST, Ive tried getting hold of the Castaway source, so myself and thinkp could update it. The author however never got back to us.

My mistake then, I guess its just Horrace that freaks out about the Atari ST. lol

EmuChicken

• PSPUAE Beta Tester
  • A500
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2007, 04:03:04 AM »

Horace hates it with a passion :)

Its a shame that Castaway stopped getting updated, its around 95% completed IMO, only needs a couple of niggley bits and it would be a perfect emulator!  (yep, assigning keys is what I meant)... but as the sound and emulation is concerned, it runs at 100% X)

Robocop 3 was interesting, add a piece of hardware to your amiga (it was in the mouse port I believe), and then the game would work...  this was cracked the day it was released (I think!) and the cracked copy was sent from the cracker straight to the creators (without the need of the hardware).... interesting story ;-)  - shows that theres no real way to beat piracy... just put a very simple protection system on that cant be copied by regular means... thats it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

TinyPortal 2.2.2 © 2005-2022