Ultimate Amiga

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: 0.63 Progress Update  (Read 22198 times)

Hungry Horace

• Amorphous Blue-Blob Man
  • Site Admin
  • A4000T
  • Don't forget... Ameboid's need love too!
    • AUW
Re: 0.63 Progress Update
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2007, 03:39:07 PM »

EDIT: Actually, one of the main reason I did bought a PSP like ~2years ago was beacuse of this site: http://kaillera.com/pspuae/
Very happy to see the AmigaEMU (even if this one has no relation with the previous one) are still making great progress with new updates.

its the same pspuae.... just that the original author abandonded it, and when Ric started tinkering with the code for 2.xx compatibility, and to update the E-UAE code which it used, i started hosting the updates... FOL then took the reigns full-whack and set up this site, and slowly more and more developers have become involved, leading to the great developments we have going on now.

Quote from: KillerGorilla
because winuae is made of code and your amiga is made of stuff

FOL

• PSPUAE Dev Team
  • Site Admin
  • A4000T
  • Amigakit.com Technical
    • PSPUAE
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2007, 04:27:58 PM »

I think horace may have been right, when he said to me, i shouldnt have posted details on the speed we have gained, as it could result in a let down.

cmf has spoken to me, and thinks there might not be a way around loosing some of the speed increase gained. If this is the case, then so be it, im sure we can find gain speed else where.

As I tried telling AmigaTim yesterday, we had planned to release, then horace spotted a rather nasty memory bug. It was agreed, we could not release until this is solved.

The other thing to bare in mind is that;

1. Ric & Thinkp are busy atm with real life stuff. So they deserve a breather after last release.
2. cmf has done alot of work on the memory code. He is also busy with real life atm, so cant work on pspuae as much has he would like.
3. Gnostic has also done some work on optimisation's, which has given some of our speed increase. Again, gnostic has become very busy with real life stuff (he does try to help as best he can, even now when he is busy, my hero, ;)).
4. I have spent virtually all my spare time since last release, messing with the code to try and gain speed. Think after 0.63 release im going to take a break, cause im phyically drained. Spose im just a fanatic, ;).

So, i hope that explains why its taking longer, but we also did say, "dont expect an update as soon" like before, we had monthly updates since July last year. I even said then "you all had it good" ;). All I can say is, hang in there. We havent abandoned you all, we want what you want, a "PORTABLE AMIGA".

While, cmf looks at the current problem, i am messing with WIP4, hopefully, i will have that compiled soon (with help from gnostic). So as you can see im always working on something pspuae related, I still have PC and PSP games I aint finished yet, ;).

Anyways, as I said hope this helps explain a few things.

Resolute and Industrious
Grand ruler of the yellow people and the Ultimate Amiga Empire

Der.Archivar

• A600
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2007, 07:56:40 PM »

Hello,

I just left here a quick note.I am new here and a new PSP owner too. I am completly happy with it and even more happy as I seen theres a amiga uae port for it. I currently test the Vice C64 emulator (which is very decent too), but as soon as Iam done with it, I will try to test PSP UAE. My brother allready drooled about it after I told him that there is an UAE for PSP. :D

Anyway, thanks from vienna/austria for that was allready done and good luck, boosted motivation, enough freetime so that we may see a new release sometimes soon. :)

Anemos

• Nothing
  • Forum Mod
  • A2000
  • =/\=
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2007, 07:23:54 AM »

Der.Archivar welcome..
you must 1.50 or custom firmware D-A to play everything..
if you want help post in our site
http://pspuae.condor.serverpro3.com/index.php/board,5.0.html
« Last Edit: May 20, 2007, 07:28:11 AM by Anemos »
keep memory,s as treasure

dark_aldo

• A600
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2007, 04:37:30 PM »

It's W O N D E R F U L!!!!!!!
Best best congratulation from ITALIA!  :)
When pspuae 0.63 is available for download?
Thanks!!
Ps: excuse-me, but i not speak english...  :-[
« Last Edit: May 25, 2007, 04:51:12 PM by dark_aldo »
PSPUAE, AMIGA and Sensible World Of Soccer for E V E R!!!

FOL

• PSPUAE Dev Team
  • Site Admin
  • A4000T
  • Amigakit.com Technical
    • PSPUAE
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2007, 06:34:11 PM »

Hey,

As I said before soon, so basically when its ready. Im currently trying to get the updated E-UAE to work.
Resolute and Industrious

hYdRoNiC 420x

• A600
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2007, 06:22:43 PM »

cant wait keep up the good work guys  :)

FOL

• PSPUAE Dev Team
  • Site Admin
  • A4000T
  • Amigakit.com Technical
    • PSPUAE
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2007, 07:41:54 PM »

Just an update on progress.

Since I posted this thread, I have managed to gain some more speed. I have spent alot of nights / weekends messing with different code (sound side of things). I have now exausted all angles of the code (what im able to do) to gain speed.

Gnostic, has now started working on gaining more speed as he is an experienced coder (can do stufff, i cant). So ill update this thread as and when I have some more news.
Resolute and Industrious

warraw

• A600
    • Amigames.IT
« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2007, 08:50:54 AM »

Nice news!

Keep on the wonderful work guys!
I'm anxious to have the new version, but take your time.

Just a question: I don't know if it has been already done... it could be possible to add a function to switch the joystick up with another button?
It would be very useful for playing games that use joystick up for "jump" (like Prince of Persia)... It's hard to do a perfect jump using the joystick with PSPUAE.

Thanks again for your work and remember, AMIGA RULEZ!!!!
PSP 2.50 -> 1.50 -> 3.10 OE A -> 3.30 OE -> 3.51 M33-5
PSPUAE 0.63 BE
MS Sony 1GB - MS Sony 2GB

http://www.amigames.it

Hai

• compute + compose
  • A600
  • audio, video and stage artist
    • THE DUNGEON
« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2007, 09:14:44 PM »

You guys are great, I did not think it would develop that fast. Those results are amazing!

Really looking forward to release  ;D
A1200, Blizzard 68060 (clocked to 66mhz), Melody PRO audioboard, 16mb fast, 850mb HD, SCSI cd-rom

FOL

• PSPUAE Dev Team
  • Site Admin
  • A4000T
  • Amigakit.com Technical
    • PSPUAE
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2007, 04:33:09 PM »

Nice news!

Keep on the wonderful work guys!
I'm anxious to have the new version, but take your time.

Just a question: I don't know if it has been already done... it could be possible to add a function to switch the joystick up with another button?
It would be very useful for playing games that use joystick up for "jump" (like Prince of Persia)... It's hard to do a perfect jump using the joystick with PSPUAE.

Thanks again for your work and remember, AMIGA RULEZ!!!!

Yes, its already added. You can map any joystick direction to psp buttons.

As you can see from the example pic above, I have mapped Joy0 UP function to the PSP O Button.
Resolute and Industrious

delta191

• PSPUAE Beta Tester
  • A500
« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2007, 12:06:34 AM »

I hope you take your time with the next release, we all want it, but I'd rather wait if it will be better.

The only thing I'd really like to see (besides the increase in speed, which goes without saying, 10 percent sounds a great achievement)) is the sound improved, even if its only slightly, my friends all laugh at the jerky scratchy sound and wont even try my good old amiga games! (they are missing outa s we all know)

A game is 50 percent sfx and music! without it, a game really is only half the experience.

the sound is very scratchy with most games, it's such a shame ;o(

I appreciate whatever improvements are made in the 0.63 release, I dont want to sound like a moaning little urchin, so thanx for the effort and my favourite emulator on the psp!

thanx for the time and effort put into making the old school retro gamers brigade happy! :)
« Last Edit: June 18, 2007, 12:20:03 AM by delta191 »

baboon

• Amiga fanatic
  • PSPUAE Beta Tester
  • A600
  • Moon Monkey
« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2007, 12:04:39 PM »

Just a quick question but will the 0.62 save states/configs that youve created on this site be compatible still with the next 0.63 release?

FOL

• PSPUAE Dev Team
  • Site Admin
  • A4000T
  • Amigakit.com Technical
    • PSPUAE
« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2007, 02:42:39 PM »

Just a quick question but will the 0.62 save states/configs that youve created on this site be compatible still with the next 0.63 release?

Yes, is the answer to that (They might need converting, but cant say for sure at the moment).
Resolute and Industrious

metallklaus

• A600
« Reply #29 on: July 04, 2007, 06:23:35 AM »

PLEAAAASE soon 0.63  ;D
Very, very, very  good work. Please, can anyone from the Testers, test "Universe" or "Curse of Enchantia" and othe Adventures on 0.63 (hope its good playable with sound)? Please, test more Adventures.  :D

Greets
metallklaus

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

TinyPortal 2.2.2 © 2005-2022