Ultimate Amiga

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: 0.63 bugs / crashes / glitches  (Read 19402 times)

EmuChicken

• PSPUAE Beta Tester
  • A500
0.63 bugs / crashes / glitches
« on: July 16, 2007, 01:16:40 AM »

Hey guys...  post yer bugs!

BUGS
  • "Space bar" set as a key doesnt work! - tested on Turrican 2 :)-possibly nothing anyways - oops
  • Hitting a key on the virtual keyboard sends a joystick command or whatever else is assigned to it instead of only the key, apparently making many games unplayable - found by NeilR on qj.net

CRASHES
  • Selecting a kickstart not found in the directory whilst pspuae is in the GAME directory (not the game340 etc)
  • Auto-stretch :whilst loading project x / adf (ministry crack found here http://download.tuxfamily.org/hokuto/+%20amiga/games/Project%20x/) - possibly applies to other crack-tro screens?
  • Auto-stretch: also can crash if you use the hotkey to turn it on whilst the machine is restarting

REQUESTS
  • Disk changer assigned to a key - hyper quick on the fly changing floppies to df0!
  • Joystick button 2 (megadrive pad- C) selectable in the inputs
  • An Auto-fire (joystick 0 fire) assignable in the inputs ;)

Found these so far... Please add to the list

...On the whole though its running loads faster with sound, impressive guys! - now, playable with sound! seriously!
« Last Edit: July 18, 2007, 10:22:15 AM by EmuChicken »

Hungry Horace

• Amorphous Blue-Blob Man
  • Site Admin
  • A4000T
  • Don't forget... Ameboid's need love too!
    • AUW
Re: 0.63 bugs / crashes / glitches
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2007, 10:34:08 AM »

i been using space-bar on syndicate - works fine. have you tested anything appart for turrican with this?

OSK tap thing, i asked for a fix for this but FOL claims "not a bug" (yeah right!)

solution: dont assign joystick 0 fire to X, but to O or [] instead. it will only trigger what X is assigned to , so you -can- set this to nothing.
Quote from: KillerGorilla
because winuae is made of code and your amiga is made of stuff

FOL

• PSPUAE Dev Team
  • Site Admin
  • A4000T
  • Amigakit.com Technical
    • PSPUAE
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2007, 10:49:51 AM »

i been using space-bar on syndicate - works fine. have you tested anything appart for turrican with this?

OSK tap thing, i asked for a fix for this but FOL claims "not a bug" (yeah right!)

solution: dont assign joystick 0 fire to X, but to O or [] instead. it will only trigger what X is assigned to , so you -can- set this to nothing.

Sorry it is a bug, which needs fixing.
Resolute and Industrious
Grand ruler of the yellow people and the Ultimate Amiga Empire

EmuChicken

• PSPUAE Beta Tester
  • A500
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2007, 02:35:19 PM »

lol..  its still a bug ;)
Could you check that turrican 2 thing on your own psp?  I'll give syndicate a go... oh wait, the save states not on the site!  ;D
edit:  ah, I can try project x  ;D

I'm pretty sure it should be pretty easy to turn off any other functionality whilst the virtual keyboard is on...  surely its an easy (here goes)

keyboard code start
{
set temp var = ingame set key;
set ingame set key = void / nothing;
}

keyboard code end
{
set ingame set key = temp var;
}

that sounds about right, doesnt it?

EmuChicken

• PSPUAE Beta Tester
  • A500
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2007, 02:47:10 PM »

lol, I just found another crash bug... all you need to do is hit the auto stretch keys before its fully restarted :)

is there a way to ...  damnit...  project x didnt even load and it crashed again!

*edit : found another place where the restart bug can be found...  turn on auto-stretch, then stick in the adf for project x.... ... craaasshhh!
« Last Edit: July 16, 2007, 02:51:17 PM by EmuChicken »

Hungry Horace

• Site Admin
  • A4000T
    • AUW
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2007, 02:50:18 PM »

lol..  its still a bug ;)

-i- never said it wasnt!  i just gave you a solution was all... :(

hey, i know its an old one, but what about disabling the "trigger the mapped keypress for X" when using the OSK?

still catches me out that one!

FOL's "not a bug" reply came in chat though, so he can deny all knowledge! hehe

Could you check that turrican 2 thing on your own psp?  I'll give syndicate a go...

i'll upload syndicate later today
« Last Edit: July 16, 2007, 02:55:46 PM by Hungry Horace »

EmuChicken

• PSPUAE Beta Tester
  • A500
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2007, 03:06:20 PM »

... k k k...  got project x running at last ...  had to turn on autostretch after cracktro....   - but the space bar key works...  FOL / HH, you sure the turrican 2 is for the a500 and not for the cd32 ? ... or did i mix that up?  can someone test the normal savestate plz to verify me being an idiot or not? :)

oh bollo.... .. project x crashed the posp after the stage loaded! ...  damnit!  prolly due to autostretch >:E
« Last Edit: July 16, 2007, 03:07:52 PM by EmuChicken »

Hungry Horace

• Site Admin
  • A4000T
    • AUW
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2007, 03:17:12 PM »

will have to look at it later when i have my usb cable back

since i did the T2 state (apprently?) it will be the WHDload version, which i think has the space-bar mapped to the 2nd button as well anyway... try that!

FOL

• PSPUAE Dev Team
  • Site Admin
  • A4000T
  • Amigakit.com Technical
    • PSPUAE
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2007, 03:48:16 PM »

... k k k...  got project x running at last ...  had to turn on autostretch after cracktro....   - but the space bar key works...  FOL / HH, you sure the turrican 2 is for the a500 and not for the cd32 ? ... or did i mix that up?  can someone test the normal savestate plz to verify me being an idiot or not? :)

oh bollo.... .. project x crashed the posp after the stage loaded! ...  damnit!  prolly due to autostretch >:E

Space bar not working when assigned to key doesnt happen, that works fine. Autostretch is a problem, HENCE i added turn autostretch off on reset. Your making bugs, i should have just left it.

If your loading Project X adf's then use kickstart 1.3, as higher kickstarts never could run projectx. I know cause i had to relokick back in the day just to play it.

As for Turrican 2, there are 2 versions on site. Adf version and CDTV version (there never was a CD32 version). Try the CDTV version, mine is the CDTV version, Horace's is the adf version. Mine also doesnt use WHDLoad.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2007, 03:50:32 PM by FOL »
Resolute and Industrious

EmuChicken

• PSPUAE Beta Tester
  • A500
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2007, 04:10:57 PM »

...  Ive tested the space bar thing and it works with the project x cracktro screen...   - I'm guessing the problem is that ... uh...  I dunno, why doesnt the space bar work on turrican?  bleh!  - if you assign it to a cd32 pad button it works fine though...   - still there needs a second joystick button to be on the assign chart

.... project x crashes the PSP not just because of the autostretch... its cos projectx softboots the amiga when it crashes, so the psp crashes... - it effectively "bypasses" your "autostretch turn off at restart" thing... is there a way to find out when the amiga resets automatically to turn off the full screen thing?

- I'm doing my job as a beta tester... finding out if the project has any bugs... if you think I'm making bugs, fine...  but if the product still crashes, theres still problems! ...

hey its a good program, you're doing a great job coding for it.  I'm just spotting the bugs...  I'm not dissing your work, so please dont get angry me for spotting the bugs as a beta tester should :E ... or anyone should for that matter.

Hungry Horace

• Site Admin
  • A4000T
    • AUW
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2007, 05:05:32 PM »

emu - dont take it personally ;)  i think FOL is just a bit bothered that the beta-testers didnt really stick around / report bugs like this before release

oh and cd32 blue button / 2nd joystick button are the same thing anyway arent they? would be nice if it could list both as one.. but wouldnt the "name" be a bit long?

i am surprised if spacebar doesnt work on t2 and my config is set that way :S  i was sure i tested it!

FOL

• PSPUAE Dev Team
  • Site Admin
  • A4000T
  • Amigakit.com Technical
    • PSPUAE
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2007, 05:41:02 PM »

emu - dont take it personally ;)  i think FOL is just a bit bothered that the beta-testers didnt really stick around / report bugs like this before release

oh and cd32 blue button / 2nd joystick button are the same thing anyway arent they? would be nice if it could list both as one.. but wouldnt the "name" be a bit long?

i am surprised if spacebar doesnt work on t2 and my config is set that way :S  i was sure i tested it!

Horace is correct emu, makes me look silly, and i dont know why its crashing in 1.50 kernel, could be a kernel problem, cause if i run the 1.00 eboot in 3.50 kernel (game set as 3.50) it gives error about missing kickstart and if i run the 1.50 version in the game150 folder (1.50 kernel) then it shows error message fine, this was only after i removed the eloader support. Tell me are you using kernel 1.50 as game?

Yes, using cd32 buttons is the same as joystick with 2, 3, etc etc. buttons. Try Apidya, setup cd32 joypad config and also adjust game settings for 2 button joystick and you will fine it works fine.

I done the CDTV state and the space bar worked fine, as you can either use cd32 pad, or keyboard for gyroscope.
Resolute and Industrious

skateblind

• Important 'looking' person
  • Forum Mod
  • A2000
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2007, 06:51:43 PM »

Ive noticed that OSK "bug", but Im pretty sure it doesn't happen with all games, I was playing SWIV and using X as joy0Fire, didn't seem to affect anything, even though it should have if it was registering a key and and a joy button.
TBH, Ive not seen that bug at all in 0.63BE
What are you looking at?

FOL

• PSPUAE Dev Team
  • Site Admin
  • A4000T
  • Amigakit.com Technical
    • PSPUAE
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2007, 07:12:18 PM »

To add, Emu you are correct, regarding the 1.50 kxploit eboot crash if KS missing, but I know i fixed this 100%. As I tested it myself, so ill have to look into it again.
Resolute and Industrious

EmuChicken

• PSPUAE Beta Tester
  • A500
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2007, 10:26:47 PM »

Tbh:  it crashes on my 3.40oe whilst the game directory is set to "1.50" mode

Yeah, Id say that the joystick button 2 requires another selectable option in the input screen.  How many people you reckon has used a cd32 and would think it does the same thing  ::)
- which brings me to something else, how about for the "quick key selection" screen (when you hit up the virtual keyboard to assign keys), theres 2 small versions of the competition pro so you can assign buttons for them too through this screen?

PS: then again, I did mention the kickstart crash before it was released, fol fixed it for his setup and it was then released very quickly as soon as the beta 5 was up for download.
There was a long time when I had no psp as I mentioned earlier cos I lent my psp to some kid and he robbed off with it for ages - honest reason for not testing in ages lol
« Last Edit: July 16, 2007, 10:35:24 PM by EmuChicken »
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

TinyPortal 2.2.2 © 2005-2022