Ultimate Amiga

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Creating a save disk?  (Read 4088 times)

kuluman

• A600
Creating a save disk?
« on: August 03, 2007, 08:22:09 AM »

Hi everyone, glad to be here!

I've got this problem, and I feel like such a noob..............

I've been trying to run Realms of Arkania (anyone?), and all's well with the character creation until the program asks me to save my character to a save disk. You need this disk to play the actual game.

Obviously, my question is how to create a save disk? Can I do that on the PSP, or do I need WinUAE to do that? I've trying to find an answer here on the forums, but couldn't find one, however somebody does make a reference to a "Disk J" created in WinUAE???

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

FOL

• PSPUAE Dev Team
  • Site Admin
  • A4000T
  • Amigakit.com Technical
    • PSPUAE
Re: Creating a save disk?
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2007, 10:15:01 AM »

Hi everyone, glad to be here!

I've got this problem, and I feel like such a noob..............

I've been trying to run Realms of Arkania (anyone?), and all's well with the character creation until the program asks me to save my character to a save disk. You need this disk to play the actual game.

Obviously, my question is how to create a save disk? Can I do that on the PSP, or do I need WinUAE to do that? I've trying to find an answer here on the forums, but couldn't find one, however somebody does make a reference to a "Disk J" created in WinUAE???

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Hmmmm, no sure. How about making a blank ADF in WinUAE and naming it what ever the game asks for?

From what I remember alot of games just required a blank floppy, and they would do the rest (i.e. formatting it and naming it).

There is a WHDLoad installer for this, so ill take a look once I get chance.

Ill add this to the to do list, as this is a worth while feature for pspuae, being able to create blank floppies from inside pspuae.

« Last Edit: August 03, 2007, 10:16:55 AM by FOL »
Resolute and Industrious
Grand ruler of the yellow people and the Ultimate Amiga Empire

kuluman

• A600
Re: Creating a save disk?
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2007, 09:27:18 PM »

:D

Excellent! I created a blank disk in WinUAE, put it in the disk folder on the PSP and, just as you suggested, the program did the rest and created the save game disk. I also think that it could be a worthwile feature of PSPUAE, to be able to do this within the emulator.

Thanks a lot for your help and quick reply!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

TinyPortal 2.2.2 © 2005-2022