Ultimate Amiga

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Question for Hungry Horace  (Read 11883 times)

NeOCidE

• A600
Question for Hungry Horace
« on: March 12, 2008, 07:29:19 AM »

Hi there,
   I was browsing the web and I stumbled across this link:http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=15809

I am a massive fan of Bloodwych but never got the chance to complete the extended levels addon. Me and my brother would love to play through the game again, however, it's not practical to go round to eachothers houses anymore....wives, kids etc.

My question is this....

Is it possible to play through bloodwych via the internet, winuae or even steem in co-op mode but from our own computers?
Any help would be greatly received as I prefer these older games than todays!!

P.S Thanks for PSPUAE guys, you have brought back so many happy memories :D

Hungry Horace

• Amorphous Blue-Blob Man
  • Site Admin
  • A4000T
  • Don't forget... Ameboid's need love too!
    • AUW
Re: Question for Hungry Horace
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2008, 08:01:11 AM »

now i feel hunted!!

the short answer is 'yes' - i have a tried and tested Bloodwych online veresion - complete with saves.

The longer answer invloving links etc i dont have time to write atm, but hold out and i will be sure you get sorted out!

Look to the Towers my friend.
Quote from: KillerGorilla
because winuae is made of code and your amiga is made of stuff

FOL

• PSPUAE Dev Team
  • Site Admin
  • A4000T
  • Amigakit.com Technical
    • PSPUAE
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2008, 11:16:36 AM »

now i feel hunted!!

the short answer is 'yes' - i have a tried and tested Bloodwych online veresion - complete with saves.

The longer answer invloving links etc i dont have time to write atm, but hold out and i will be sure you get sorted out!

Look to the Towers my friend.

he he, Horace finally found a follower, ;). Suprised you didnt give him links to your sites, ;).
Resolute and Industrious
Grand ruler of the yellow people and the Ultimate Amiga Empire

NeOCidE

• A600
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2008, 01:46:20 PM »

Thanks guys,
  I respect anybody who supports/helps the fans, which can lead to unappreciation at times, yet you guys still carry on regardless. Thats gotta be worth a huge thumbs up  :)

It would be a pleasure to hold out on Bloodwych, I'm currently enjoying the remote play between the PSP and PS3 :D

Expect a donation for the trouble guys :D

-=Dave=-     <<<<<<wow i'm elite

delta191

• PSPUAE Beta Tester
  • A500
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2008, 03:46:02 PM »

way hey! horace has found someone to barter with! lol
then there was two!  :D

FOL

• PSPUAE Dev Team
  • Site Admin
  • A4000T
  • Amigakit.com Technical
    • PSPUAE
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2008, 05:18:23 PM »

3 if you count the legend that is Bloodwych, the creator/updater of the Classic Workbench OS.

Hope horace knows we are pulling his leg, just bloodwych pasted me by, only ever played dungeon master and eye of the beholder. Im more of a Buckrogers style game fan, :).

NeOCidE, if that was your donation, thankyou, :). Almost have enough to pay server costs now.
Resolute and Industrious

NeOCidE

• A600
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2008, 05:30:50 PM »

LOL why the grief for Horace?? Is he a hard man? :D

A pleasure FOL, you guys work hard.

FOL

• PSPUAE Dev Team
  • Site Admin
  • A4000T
  • Amigakit.com Technical
    • PSPUAE
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2008, 05:46:34 PM »

A pleasure FOL, you guys work hard.

Trust me, he messes with our heads too, :). He obesses about Horace Goes Skiing and Bloodwych as much as me talking about the miggy on a daily basis (does my wifes head in), lol.
Resolute and Industrious

NeOCidE

• A600
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2008, 07:59:26 PM »

LOL,
  Don't mean to cause offence...but what/who is horace?? *ducks for cover*

I'm a huge fan of Dungeon Master also. Chaos Strikes Back however was pure EVIL in terms of scaryness and difficulty. Never ever finished that one off.

BTW if anyone here is into NIN their latest album Ghosts I-IV is purely instrumental, but absolutly brilliant!

FOL

• PSPUAE Dev Team
  • Site Admin
  • A4000T
  • Amigakit.com Technical
    • PSPUAE
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2008, 08:05:59 PM »

LOL,

I'm a huge fan of Dungeon Master also. Chaos Strikes Back however was pure EVIL in terms of scaryness and difficulty. Never ever finished that one off.

BTW if anyone here is into NIN their latest album Ghosts I-IV is purely instrumental, but absolutly brilliant!

You could always join our irc chat chan, :), link in nav bar, then ask who horace is, ;). Should be interesting, lol.
Resolute and Industrious

NeOCidE

• A600
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2008, 07:07:35 AM »

LOL,

You could always join our irc chat chan, :), link in nav bar, then ask who horace is, ;). Should be interesting, lol.

Hmmm am I likely to get injured during the Q/A??  ;D
I'll have a looksie for an IRC client on the Uni network, If I can get on, I will.

Carnivac

• A600
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2008, 09:05:02 AM »

Yup I agree.
Fave Amiga games include - Switchblade, Uridium 2, Superfrog, Alien Breed, Hired Guns, Chaos Engine, Silkworm, Ruff N' Tumble,Turrican II, Parasol Stars, The Settlers, Populous, Lotus 2, Cannon Fodder, No Second Prize, Trex Warrior, Project X, Battle Squadron, First Samurai, Speedball 2 and more...

Hungry Horace

• Amorphous Blue-Blob Man
  • Site Admin
  • A4000T
  • Don't forget... Ameboid's need love too!
    • AUW
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2008, 06:29:08 PM »

I respect anybody who supports/helps the fans, which can lead to unappreciation at times, yet you guys still carry on regardless. Thats gotta be worth a huge thumbs up  :)

such support is what makes it worthwhile! thanks.

It would be a pleasure to hold out on Bloodwych, I'm currently enjoying the remote play between the PSP and PS3 :D

out of interest, is it possible to run UAE (via linux) on the PS3 and control it from the PSP?

bloody cheek!! i know quite a number of Bloodwych fans! I am playing online with someone, playing with one of my RL mates on his massive TV, there are also the other Bloodwych website dudes, most noteable MadMunky who is doing lots of research in hacking the game, so we can make editors for amiga/atari versions side-by-side!   

i really need more dungeons!

hehe... my bark is worse than my bite!

Trust me, he messes with our heads too, :). He obesses about Horace Goes Skiing and Bloodwych as much as me talking about the miggy on a daily basis

lies!! Horace And The Spiders is the best one ;)

LOL,

tut tut tut... you were doing so well....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horace_Series 

read and learn!

right.... finally on to the topic at hand!!!

the beta version of Bloodwych online can be downloaded here:

http://www.djcresswell.com/amigaonline/archive/betas/001%20-%20Bloodwych%20-%20Bloodwych%20Extended%20Levels.zip

you can find some info on running it on my website:

../../index.php/topic,4241.0.html

and you are welcome to chat into either the AmigaOnline or the PSPUAE chat rooms to find me if you need some help!  using the P2P client makes the experience better, but its harder to set up, so you might want to talk to someone about that!

the other website of mine which FOL hinted at is in fact dedicated entirely to Bloodwych, although i dont have the time to put in the massive amount of work needed to make it as detailed as i would like to!

you can find it here: http://bloodwych.pspuae.com

but the most important bit to check is here: http://www.condor.serverpro3.com/bloodwych/index.php?topic=9.0

you might take particular interest in the 'amiga downloads' section!

btw - have you tried the RISS version in the downloads section here?  it features a rather nifter map-viewer, coded by yours truely!

anyway, always glad to meet another Bloodwych fan  ;D

my longest (non-technical) post ever?!
« Last Edit: December 09, 2009, 05:26:50 PM by Hungry Horace »
Quote from: KillerGorilla
because winuae is made of code and your amiga is made of stuff

NeOCidE

• A600
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2008, 06:59:43 PM »

Horace,
   I can't thank you enough for the time you spent providing me with information/links I need to play one of the most incredible games ever made. Bloodwych was the first game I had ever experienced Co-op and even deathmatch (mega fun casting spells down dark corridors into eachothers backs!)

The fun me and my brother had playing through the first game I don't think will ever be matched. Sure we play a hell of a lot of x360 games and WOW but I just don't get that "buzz" as I did back then. Hense why I'm so grateful to hopefully play through Bloodwych again and finally complete the extended levels (been bugging me for years!)  I had this game on the Atari ST BTW *remember the ST VS AMIGA wars???*

For anyone who is not familiar with the game, pls check it out. I personally don't think this game has been surpassed. How much would I love for a remake using todays technology.

I had amazing times with the likes of Dungeon Master, Ikari Wars etc, but Bloodwych is the game I'll take to my grave.

Before I stumbled across the link I provided in my first post when I was looking into how to play coop online, I came across an amazing Bloodwych site. That site, I think, did belong to MadMunky. I was a bit gutted actually that no one has actually signed up. I will do just that. Looking at it though, it's only just gone live?? I saw some of the hacking BTW...wow you guys go to some lengths :D

Was there ever a lvl editor out? Did anyone actually make custom levels?

Regarding PS3, Linux, UAE and controlling via PSP........I  haven't had the PS3 long enough to install Linux yet. However, wouldn't this be in vain as I believe that Sony has blocked any serious access to the GFX processor, making most apps void of any usability. I'm not well up on the technicalities. If I was anywhere near as good as you guys, I'd be helping you out :D

You prolly already know this, but the functions you can use via connectability through PSP & PS3 are streaming movies, photos, music and PS1 Games and it works really well. If you would like anything testing, give me a yell and I'll see what I can do.

You holding out on getting a PS3 atm??

BTW.....I'll look at the wiki link now ;)

Anemos

• Nothing
  • Forum Mod
  • A2000
  • =/\=
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2008, 07:23:08 PM »

Horace you change your avatar that is a problem to found you..
show as you coffee cup!
keep memory,s as treasure
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

TinyPortal 2.2.2 © 2005-2022