Ultimate Amiga

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dreamweb & Walker  (Read 10441 times)

andrewwan1980

• A600
Dreamweb & Walker
« on: May 21, 2008, 09:34:08 AM »

I can't get Dreamweb & Walker to run under PSPUAE. So am wondering if "anyone" has ever got it to run under PSPUAE.

Just completed Flashback. Almost completed Another World, Goblins 3, Future Wars & Crystal Dizzy. Gonna need more games to play...

FOL

• PSPUAE Dev Team
  • Site Admin
  • A4000T
  • Amigakit.com Technical
    • PSPUAE
Re: Dreamweb & Walker
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2008, 03:49:43 PM »

I can't get Dreamweb & Walker to run under PSPUAE. So am wondering if "anyone" has ever got it to run under PSPUAE.

Just completed Flashback. Almost completed Another World, Goblins 3, Future Wars & Crystal Dizzy. Gonna need more games to play...

I have run walker before. Ill check tonight.
Resolute and Industrious
Grand ruler of the yellow people and the Ultimate Amiga Empire

andrewwan1980

• A600
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2008, 05:26:23 PM »

Nice one, let me know the crc32 or md5 of the kickstart rom you use too... since there's so many variations of 1.3 and 3.1s out there....

I loaded Walker in both 1.3 and 3.1 and all I get is red screen... with continuous endless cycling... (nothing to do with bikes)..

« Last Edit: May 21, 2008, 05:29:31 PM by andrewwan1980 »

FOL

• PSPUAE Dev Team
  • Site Admin
  • A4000T
  • Amigakit.com Technical
    • PSPUAE
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2008, 05:46:14 PM »

Nice one, let me know the crc32 or md5 of the kickstart rom you use too... since there's so many variations of 1.3 and 3.1s out there....

I loaded Walker in both 1.3 and 3.1 and all I get is red screen... with continuous endless cycling... (nothing to do with bikes)..

Right, Walker rund fine with default boot config, but yoiu cant use "Turbo Drive Speed" as this causes an infinate loading loop. Dreamweb is AGA, so this is a no no at present.

KS ROM v1.3 (A500,A1000,A2000) rev 34.5 (256k)
KS ROM v3.0 (A1200) rev 39.106 (512k)

I dont know the CRC or MD5, aint got any progs installed to check (never see the point in it).
Resolute and Industrious

FOL

• PSPUAE Dev Team
  • Site Admin
  • A4000T
  • Amigakit.com Technical
    • PSPUAE
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2008, 06:04:37 PM »

This is the TOSEC names.

Kickstart v1.3 rev 34.5 (1987)(Commodore)(A500-A1000-A2000-CDTV)[!].rom
Kickstart v3.0 rev 39.106 (1992)(Commodore)(A1200)[!].rom
Kickstart v3.1 rev 40.68 (1993)(Commodore)(A1200)[!].rom

Sure someone else with give the CRC or MD5.
Resolute and Industrious

andrewwan1980

• A600
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2008, 06:08:55 PM »

Right, Walker rund fine with default boot config, but yoiu cant use "Turbo Drive Speed" as this causes an infinate loading loop. Dreamweb is AGA, so this is a no no at present.

I dont know the CRC or MD5, aint got any progs installed to check (never see the point in it).

Usually when I boot up PSPUAE, it's somehow got saved settings... (like 68020CPU, chipset ecs(full), etc.)... is this my overwritten *default* config? Or if I ran Load Default Config then it would load the bog standard config like yours?

btw, do you mean you ran Walker on those 2 kickstarts? 1.3 & 3.0? Cool then it should work on my 1.3....

I've found a lot of my games been running off 1.3... what is the difference of running of 3.0 or 3.1? any well-known big game that required 3.1? also,... do we match the workbench with the kickstart rom version... eg. workbench 3.0 with kickstart 3.0
« Last Edit: May 21, 2008, 06:13:12 PM by andrewwan1980 »

FOL

• PSPUAE Dev Team
  • Site Admin
  • A4000T
  • Amigakit.com Technical
    • PSPUAE
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2008, 06:13:44 PM »

Usually when I boot up PSPUAE, it's somehow got saved settings... (like 68020CPU, chipset ecs(full), etc.)... is this my overwritten *default* config? Or if I ran Load Default Config then it would load the bog standard config like yours?

btw, do you mean you ran Walker on those 2 kickstarts? 1.3 & 3.0? I never knew there was one called 3.0.

If you save a config as options 1, it overrides the default config, simply delete it from the config folder.

no, you asked about what kickroms worked with PSPUAE, as I played walker alot on my A500, I know that it will run with PSPUAE default config using Kick1.3. This is because PSPUAE's default config is that of an A500.

EDIT:- Ill make a savestate of walker cause it takes ages to load.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2008, 06:16:49 PM by FOL »
Resolute and Industrious

Hungry Horace

• Amorphous Blue-Blob Man
  • Site Admin
  • A4000T
  • Don't forget... Ameboid's need love too!
    • AUW
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2008, 09:33:08 PM »

walker disks are already done and i think uploaded FOL
Quote from: KillerGorilla
because winuae is made of code and your amiga is made of stuff

andrewwan1980

• A600
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2008, 08:34:12 AM »

omfg, Walker works!!! and can't believe it took 1 hour to load...

maybe because I somehow had a saved-options of the walker disk 1 with turbo on... and walker asks for disk 2 then disk 1 again (so turbo was initially off but gets reverted on again due to the saved-options). I assume saved-options get loaded corresponding to what disk was put in (it matches the file names of disk to saved-options filename).

omfg ... walker mouse is so hard to control... which makes the game incredibly 'ard.... though I might attempt to complete it if there's cheats....

.. ah... found the cheats... eat lead fuddy muddy munster... hmmm

BIG QUERIES:
1. If I wanted to back up my saved-state files.. do I need to backup the corresponding saved-options (the one with the same filename.option?) I've completed:

Alien Breed, Flashback, Another World (yay!), Crystal Kingdom Dizzy...

and been keeping backups of the ASF files for satisfaction. I wonder what would happen if I loaded the states that don't have corresponding options files?

2. You mention that the default config is stored in CONFIGS\pspuae1.options file... this file got generated when I created the save-state in slot 1 (1.ASF that's got my Alien Breen level 2 save). So .. I could always give a try and delete pspuae1.options and see what happens to 1.ASF... is the disk, cpu, rom settings stored in ASF too? or just in pspuae1.options?

3. I know this might be asking too much... but how 'ard would it be to implement usb keyboard support?... or even usb mouse support? I'd love to whip out this (http://www.amazon.com/Touch-109-Key-USB-PS-Foldable-Keyboard/dp/B000YJAWAK) and show off on the trains... or underground
« Last Edit: May 22, 2008, 09:06:20 AM by andrewwan1980 »

FOL

• PSPUAE Dev Team
  • Site Admin
  • A4000T
  • Amigakit.com Technical
    • PSPUAE
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2008, 02:13:11 PM »

omfg, Walker works!!! and can't believe it took 1 hour to load...

maybe because I somehow had a saved-options of the walker disk 1 with turbo on... and walker asks for disk 2 then disk 1 again (so turbo was initially off but gets reverted on again due to the saved-options). I assume saved-options get loaded corresponding to what disk was put in (it matches the file names of disk to saved-options filename).

omfg ... walker mouse is so hard to control... which makes the game incredibly 'ard.... though I might attempt to complete it if there's cheats....

.. ah... found the cheats... eat lead fuddy muddy munster... hmmm

BIG QUERIES:
1. If I wanted to back up my saved-state files.. do I need to backup the corresponding saved-options (the one with the same filename.option?) I've completed:

Alien Breed, Flashback, Another World (yay!), Crystal Kingdom Dizzy...

and been keeping backups of the ASF files for satisfaction. I wonder what would happen if I loaded the states that don't have corresponding options files?

2. You mention that the default config is stored in CONFIGS\pspuae1.options file... this file got generated when I created the save-state in slot 1 (1.ASF that's got my Alien Breen level 2 save). So .. I could always give a try and delete pspuae1.options and see what happens to 1.ASF... is the disk, cpu, rom settings stored in ASF too? or just in pspuae1.options?

3. I know this might be asking too much... but how 'ard would it be to implement usb keyboard support?... or even usb mouse support? I'd love to whip out this (http://www.amazon.com/Touch-109-Key-USB-PS-Foldable-Keyboard/dp/B000YJAWAK) and show off on the trains... or underground

Yes, when backing up, you need to backup the options file for the saved state.

I didnt say the default config was options1.pspuae, I stated that it overrides the inbuilt config of pspuae. simply deleting or renaming the options file will tell pspuae to use the inbuilt config as it cant find the options1.pspuae file to override it.

IRKeyboard support has already been dicussed and is planned, not sure on USB though at the moment.
Resolute and Industrious
Pages: [1]   Go Up

TinyPortal 2.2.2 © 2005-2022