Ultimate Amiga

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Game Compatability DataBase Reviewer  (Read 16825 times)

FOL

• PSPUAE Dev Team
  • Site Admin
  • A4000T
  • Amigakit.com Technical
    • PSPUAE
Game Compatability DataBase Reviewer
« on: May 26, 2008, 01:40:00 PM »

I have been rewriting this over the past few months. I had it mostly intergrated into the site, I wasnt happy with this, so now I have it fully intergrated, working off site data, sessions, etc etc.

Basically, im after people to maintain it, as the original reviewer vanished. They would need to add reviews for games and pspuae settings for games. You can see what is required, by selecting SpeedBall 2. It also has to be your own reviews, not reviews taken from other sites (as this causes problems).

Please post if your interested.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2008, 04:51:42 PM by FOL »
Resolute and Industrious
Grand ruler of the yellow people and the Ultimate Amiga Empire

FOL

• PSPUAE Dev Team
  • Site Admin
  • A4000T
  • Amigakit.com Technical
    • PSPUAE
Re: Game Compatability DataBase Reviewer
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2008, 06:53:03 AM »

lol, take it no one is interested, :(.
Resolute and Industrious

Anemos

• Nothing
  • Forum Mod
  • A2000
  • =/\=
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2008, 11:07:04 AM »

i want help but you know main problem.. :-\
keep memory,s as treasure

Hungry Horace

• Amorphous Blue-Blob Man
  • Site Admin
  • A4000T
  • Don't forget... Ameboid's need love too!
    • AUW
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2008, 12:34:13 PM »

i'll add some if / when i have time

whdload development is still my priority atm i'm afraid.
Quote from: KillerGorilla
because winuae is made of code and your amiga is made of stuff

delta191

• PSPUAE Beta Tester
  • A500
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2008, 07:53:40 AM »

Probably the biggest job known to man FOL! maybe thats why everyones being a tad shy, it certainly shouldn't be taken lightly, that's probably why the previous database game reviewer disappeard - maybe he died from fatigue  :-X

Everyone has different opinions on different games - I couldn't take it on, mainly because I'm to biased towards games I like. Remaining impartial would be to difficult a task for this old retro nut!

I still reckon you would be better served letting individuals review each game that they knew and loved, that way you'd get more reviews and more people intrested, not to mention - different reviewers!

imagine reviewing 50 games you didn't really like, the interest levels would surely start to deteriorate rather abruptly, a shame but inevitibly true.

Still think you should have a link to the http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=pspuae
site under GALLERY or PSPUAE VIDEOS, then let people leave a review/reviews and comments, ratings, opinions, best pspuaue configs ect. plus the bonus of seeing the game actually running on your emulator  :)

Obviously I'll keep updating the amount of games videos running on the emulator but maybe people could add reviews to accompany there favorite titles and maybe the best configs for running it best on PSPUAE latest version.

Your my boss though!  :-*

« Last Edit: May 29, 2008, 07:56:50 AM by delta191 »

Hungry Horace

• Amorphous Blue-Blob Man
  • Site Admin
  • A4000T
  • Don't forget... Ameboid's need love too!
    • AUW
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2008, 09:13:26 AM »

www.youtube.com/pspuae  is a nicer loooking link ;)
Quote from: KillerGorilla
because winuae is made of code and your amiga is made of stuff

delta191

• PSPUAE Beta Tester
  • A500
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2008, 10:06:04 AM »

Not very good on links and stuff, I'll concur with the previous gentlemen's statement  :)

got a few days off work, so got a little more time to hang out.

FOL

• PSPUAE Dev Team
  • Site Admin
  • A4000T
  • Amigakit.com Technical
    • PSPUAE
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2008, 05:22:55 PM »

Probably the biggest job known to man FOL! maybe thats why everyones being a tad shy, it certainly shouldn't be taken lightly, that's probably why the previous database game reviewer disappeard - maybe he died from fatigue  :-X

Everyone has different opinions on different games - I couldn't take it on, mainly because I'm to biased towards games I like. Remaining impartial would be to difficult a task for this old retro nut!

I still reckon you would be better served letting individuals review each game that they knew and loved, that way you'd get more reviews and more people intrested, not to mention - different reviewers!

imagine reviewing 50 games you didn't really like, the interest levels would surely start to deteriorate rather abruptly, a shame but inevitibly true.

Still think you should have a link to the http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=pspuae
site under GALLERY or PSPUAE VIDEOS, then let people leave a review/reviews and comments, ratings, opinions, best pspuaue configs ect. plus the bonus of seeing the game actually running on your emulator  :)

Obviously I'll keep updating the amount of games videos running on the emulator but maybe people could add reviews to accompany there favorite titles and maybe the best configs for running it best on PSPUAE latest version.

Your my boss though!  :-*

Indeed it is, but reviews are not needed to fill in the Compatability part (could just add the configs for games). Granted not everyones config will be the same, but thats the point we need configs that work. So people can check to see if a game works with pspuae and with what settings.
Resolute and Industrious

delta191

• PSPUAE Beta Tester
  • A500
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2008, 03:17:42 PM »

wont the configs be out of date on the next release though, then they will all need re-doing?

I guess I could list the configs I have used to get the game running as shown on U-tube videos. Not sure they are best though, like you said, everyone will have there own way and preference.

An example is using auto for frame skipping or setting it to very high levels to gain speed, this often leads to a rather nasty side effect of rubbish, jerky gameplay and awful sound.

I always set frameskip to 25 fps and CPU = chipset 45% and adjust from their, but not at the expense of bad sound or impossible gameplay. I like things as smooth as possible with decent sound, even if that means not the fastest running setting.

I do play and see if the CPU = Chipset 45% causes graphic glitches, occassionally it does, usually the higher % rating.

It raises that debate again, speed over everything else!

Still settle for decent sound and playability over speed myself, let the speed freaks carry on moaning about there infinite quest of the perfect 0 fps!  :o

FOL

• PSPUAE Dev Team
  • Site Admin
  • A4000T
  • Amigakit.com Technical
    • PSPUAE
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2008, 04:01:06 PM »

wont the configs be out of date on the next release though, then they will all need re-doing?

I guess I could list the configs I have used to get the game running as shown on U-tube videos. Not sure they are best though, like you said, everyone will have there own way and preference.

An example is using auto for frame skipping or setting it to very high levels to gain speed, this often leads to a rather nasty side effect of rubbish, jerky gameplay and awful sound.

I always set frameskip to 25 fps and CPU = chipset 45% and adjust from their, but not at the expense of bad sound or impossible gameplay. I like things as smooth as possible with decent sound, even if that means not the fastest running setting.

I do play and see if the CPU = Chipset 45% causes graphic glitches, occassionally it does, usually the higher % rating.

It raises that debate again, speed over everything else!

Still settle for decent sound and playability over speed myself, let the speed freaks carry on moaning about there infinite quest of the perfect 0 fps!  :o

lol, :). GCDB is exactly what is says it is. Its just settings used to get a game working. Not our concern to get the perfect config, thats down to users to sort. Plus that what R.I.S.S.'s are for, ;). I havent updated the settings yet to include the new features. Dont see the point if no one is going to add settings used to get game x working.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2008, 04:02:43 PM by FOL »
Resolute and Industrious

skateblind

• Important 'looking' person
  • Forum Mod
  • A2000
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2008, 02:09:06 PM »

I will help, but don't expect me to do everything. I am sorry if I was un-reliable last time, I should be a bit more stable now that the laptop is in a half working state. If we miss each other in the chat then just PM anything I need to know on adding stuff to the database.

I need to ask you a question about my laptop since your good with that kind of thing, but I shall wait until I see you in the chat room.

Grey still isn't my colour... ;)
What are you looking at?

FOL

• PSPUAE Dev Team
  • Site Admin
  • A4000T
  • Amigakit.com Technical
    • PSPUAE
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2008, 06:45:28 PM »

I will help, but don't expect me to do everything. I am sorry if I was un-reliable last time, I should be a bit more stable now that the laptop is in a half working state. If we miss each other in the chat then just PM anything I need to know on adding stuff to the database.

I need to ask you a question about my laptop since your good with that kind of thing, but I shall wait until I see you in the chat room.

Grey still isn't my colour... ;)

Aye, ok, :).
Resolute and Industrious

skateblind

• Forum Mod
  • A2000
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2008, 02:51:08 PM »

I've started a review of Flashback, I just need to talk about the gameplay and sum up my review. I should have it finished in a bit, but feel free to let me know what you guys think of it so far.
We need someone to help with screenshots, I will do it as I go, but I would rather have someone else do it so I can concentrate on the reviews, any help would be appreciated.
What are you looking at?

FOL

• PSPUAE Dev Team
  • Site Admin
  • A4000T
  • Amigakit.com Technical
    • PSPUAE
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2008, 09:49:20 PM »

I've started a review of Flashback, I just need to talk about the gameplay and sum up my review. I should have it finished in a bit, but feel free to let me know what you guys think of it so far.
We need someone to help with screenshots, I will do it as I go, but I would rather have someone else do it so I can concentrate on the reviews, any help would be appreciated.

So the admin control is working fine, :).
Resolute and Industrious

skateblind

• Forum Mod
  • A2000
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2008, 01:54:32 AM »

Yes boss, all is well.

When I look at a game's details, publisher is mis-spelt.

When I edit a game with a reviews already in I have to re-enter all the reviews into the input frames otherwise they get cut off. This means that if someone else edits any of the details, the person who originally wrote the review has to re-enter the whole review! Try it with flashback if you like, I've saved the review on my computer so I can fix it later.

Also, when editing an entry, I have to select its 'alphabet category' every time otherwise it will default to cd32 when I save.

Everything else seems to load correctly and save correctly, but I really need these issues sorted before I continue with the rest of the reviews.

Good job though on the whole GCDB, its very useful, very easy to use and is relatively easy to add/edit entries. HOORAY FOR FOL!
What are you looking at?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

TinyPortal 2.2.2 © 2005-2022