Ultimate Amiga

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sprucing up my A500  (Read 4839 times)

ParaSitius

• PSPUAE Beta Tester
  • Forum Mod
  • A600
  • Swish
    • ParaSitius.com
Sprucing up my A500
« on: July 24, 2006, 02:08:07 PM »

Age has turned the keyboard and the surronding part that iffy yellow and I was wondering if there was anything that'll get it back to its original colour again?

ParaSitius

• PSPUAE Beta Tester
  • Forum Mod
  • A600
  • Swish
    • ParaSitius.com
Re: Sprucing up my A500
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2006, 03:56:29 PM »

How many external floppy drives can I daisy chain?  Is it a maximum of two?

Got three external drives now but I only had two when I last set up my A500 properly.

Hungry Horace

• Amorphous Blue-Blob Man
  • Site Admin
  • A4000T
  • Don't forget... Ameboid's need love too!
    • AUW
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2006, 05:39:26 PM »

you cant restore the colour..... the plastc yellows because is cheap. it's not even *just* caused by sunlight - as with most plastics - apparently something abt the plastic itself makes it go yellow with age!!

yoy could get the keys from a late amiga made of better plastic.... or tippex the whole thing!

you can have up to 3 external drives - providing you can provide the juice from the power supply, which the standard ones dont.... usuallynot manaing enough for more than 1 extra drive.

i have one for my a1200 which is a PC power supply with an amiga connector... im sure you could find out on t'net how to build one of these for your a500! these provde the amiga with as much power as it asks for :)
Quote from: KillerGorilla
because winuae is made of code and your amiga is made of stuff

FOL

• PSPUAE Dev Team
  • Site Admin
  • A4000T
  • Amigakit.com Technical
    • PSPUAE
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2006, 06:23:17 PM »

you cant restore the colour..... the plastc yellows because is cheap. it's not even *just* caused by sunlight - as with most plastics - apparently something abt the plastic itself makes it go yellow with age!!

yoy could get the keys from a late amiga made of better plastic.... or tippex the whole thing!

you can have up to 3 external drives - providing you can provide the juice from the power supply, which the standard ones dont.... usuallynot manaing enough for more than 1 extra drive.

i have one for my a1200 which is a PC power supply with an amiga connector... im sure you could find out on t'net how to build one of these for your a500! these provde the amiga with as much power as it asks for :)

My original CD32 PSU, was junk, so I found a tuorial to turn a PC PSU into a CD32 PSU, which worked a treat with my SX1 setup, I then bought another CD32 (which was sold as faulty, but used twice). Picked up the PSU and thought bloddy hell it weighed a ton, which led me to believe that I had actually bagged myself 1 of the very first CD32 and to top it all, it wasnt faulty, ;).
Resolute and Industrious
Grand ruler of the yellow people and the Ultimate Amiga Empire

ParaSitius

• PSPUAE Beta Tester
  • Forum Mod
  • A600
  • Swish
    • ParaSitius.com
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2006, 06:33:22 PM »

Currently got two externals running so that'll do for now then.

The keys look like the standard that are found on PC keyboards, may have a look as I've got a spare one sitting about not doing anything.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

TinyPortal 2.2.2 © 2005-2022