Ultimate Amiga

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: wishlist  (Read 45311 times)

FOL

• PSPUAE Dev Team
  • Site Admin
  • A4000T
  • Amigakit.com Technical
    • PSPUAE
Re: wishlist
« Reply #45 on: July 07, 2007, 01:02:06 PM »

i noticed a number of guests / bots or something viewing this thread earlier, so i looked at it and was quite pleased with how many functions listed in the first post are now sorted!! top job! - i know its an archived thread, but its kinda nice to see.

i had a good chuckle when i read this though:

More memory wont happen, I had Fast 512kb andChip 1024KB and Slow 1025kb, but anything else kills it.

ye of little faith, haha

In my defence, that was before I knew what stuff was what in the source, ;).
Resolute and Industrious
Grand ruler of the yellow people and the Ultimate Amiga Empire

EmuChicken

• PSPUAE Beta Tester
  • A500
« Reply #46 on: July 08, 2007, 12:43:04 AM »

Just was playing Supercars 2 on this
.... and I'd like to add the following to the wish-list

- a WORKING SLEEP MODE!
when you play the psp on the loo, and you pu your psp to sleep - it crashes....  damnit

- configuration fixes (BUG FIXES!)
1/ choosing a kickstart thats not in your directory, crashes the PSP
2/ re-starting pspuae, even when in the configuration it states that its kick3.0 running, its really 1.3 - why?

I also think theres something wrong with the beta in regards to disk loading... even in "turbo mode", it takes far longer to load a game in comparison to my real A500+ ....

-----------------------------

New feature.... :)
This would be a nifty feature for the adf / disk users around the world :>

- ability to save a state that you can set to load automatically as you select a disk image

I know you can manually select to load a state but it'd be the go-between from "whd savestate" and adf.

Horace : FYIO :)  -  I know you despise adfs etc, but I tried to load the turrican 2 save state and it didnt work even after converting using that tool :/  ... adfs remove the whole "pissing around with shit" issue for me ;)

Hungry Horace

• Amorphous Blue-Blob Man
  • Site Admin
  • A4000T
  • Don't forget... Ameboid's need love too!
    • AUW
« Reply #47 on: July 08, 2007, 03:21:37 AM »

- a WORKING SLEEP MODE!
when you play the psp on the loo, and you pu your psp to sleep - it crashes....  damnit

i believe this is a -very- difficult job emu, from what i've heard. most emulators i've tried on the PSP suffer the same problem.

if it bothers you that much, make sure your battery is well charged, and you put it on sleep DURING game emualtion, and not on the menu.... it always works for me then!

2/ re-starting pspuae, even when in the configuration it states that its kick3.0 running, its really 1.3 - why?

no doubt something to do with hard-coded options. it is reading your config from the 1.config (thus the 3.0 kick etc) but in fact, it auto-loads into its own config.

I also think theres something wrong with the beta in regards to disk loading... even in "turbo mode", it takes far longer to load a game in comparison to my real A500+ ....

definately not encounted this! what games? and use the save-states dammit!

- ability to save a state that you can set to load automatically as you select a disk image

I know you can manually select to load a state but it'd be the go-between from "whd savestate" and adf.

not quite sure what you mean here... you mean - insert a disk, and it will load the state of the same name?

no offence, but that would cause a nightmare with setting up the ram-loaded savestates! it's already a pain that the config/state/boot-adf end up sharing the same name!

Horace : FYIO :)  -  I know you despise adfs etc, but I tried to load the turrican 2 save state and it didnt work even after converting using that tool :/  ... adfs remove the whole "pissing around with shit" issue for me ;)

save-states used on the latest beta do not require conversion :P 

if you are happy with slow loading and disk-swapping, knock yourself out mate.... its just not for me, as i know ADFs are inferior - hehe

Turrican 2 is also no-longer one of mine i beleive? i think FOL stole that one as he is far keener on the game than i am!
Quote from: KillerGorilla
because winuae is made of code and your amiga is made of stuff

FOL

• PSPUAE Dev Team
  • Site Admin
  • A4000T
  • Amigakit.com Technical
    • PSPUAE
« Reply #48 on: July 08, 2007, 10:00:37 AM »

- a WORKING SLEEP MODE!

- configuration fixes (BUG FIXES!)
1/ choosing a kickstart thats not in your directory, crashes the PSP

-----------------------------

New feature.... :)
This would be a nifty feature for the adf / disk users around the world :>

3 WORDS, I LOVE EMU ;).

I havent encounter most of the problems you have, but the hide kicks that aint there should be nice. I thought it was self explanetary, as it didnt have cmf's memory changes, then it wouldnt need converting.

Emu, you bug reporting?
This aint the place for it, you naughty boy, lol.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2007, 10:05:16 AM by FOL »
Resolute and Industrious

EmuChicken

• PSPUAE Beta Tester
  • A500
« Reply #49 on: July 08, 2007, 03:20:16 PM »

HH :  you're pro-savestates... thats the problem...  you're not looking at pspuae as a whole program and the user-base!

I'm VERY sure that 90% of the userbase will be using ADF files and disk images...  its fair and well that you're using disk images and you recognise that theyre better than adfs (which is true)... but how many people will bother downloading or making the savestates? ....  not many I bet
-- that included - how many save states will work  ?  I tried the turrican 2 one yesterday and it didnt load goddamnit! - after conversion using the kit...  ....

-  yes Im bug-testing at an uber-hyper level :)  woot

HH is such a fan that he recognises none of these as bugs but as "features" ... like elite 2 ;)

FOL

• PSPUAE Dev Team
  • Site Admin
  • A4000T
  • Amigakit.com Technical
    • PSPUAE
« Reply #50 on: July 08, 2007, 03:36:24 PM »

HH :  you're pro-savestates... thats the problem...  you're not looking at pspuae as a whole program and the user-base!

I'm VERY sure that 90% of the userbase will be using ADF files and disk images...  its fair and well that you're using disk images and you recognise that theyre better than adfs (which is true)... but how many people will bother downloading or making the savestates? ....  not many I bet
-- that included - how many save states will work  ?  I tried the turrican 2 one yesterday and it didnt load goddamnit! - after conversion using the kit...  ....

-  yes Im bug-testing at an uber-hyper level :)  woot

HH is such a fan that he recognises none of these as bugs but as "features" ... like elite 2 ;)

Hmmmm, you missed what i said.

"I REPEAT, I REPEAT, DO NOT CONVERT THE STATES OR THEY WILL NOT WORK" ;).

Also I to would not like the feature, autoload state when inserting adf. Would be pointless, i dont even like the feature thats already there, where it autoloads the config associated with an adf. It is useful but in certain things, its annoying.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2007, 03:38:35 PM by FOL »
Resolute and Industrious

Hungry Horace

• Site Admin
  • A4000T
    • AUW
« Reply #51 on: July 08, 2007, 04:15:45 PM »

Emu - please chill out, it seems like you want to jump on everything i say :(

i am not saying that they are "features" or anything, or even denying that they are bugs... i am just explaining what they are (for my viewpoint)  and what i do to counter-act them. (like the sleep mde thing)

i am also not saying that things like Turbo mode adf speed dont need to be checked - i just noted to you that i hadnt noticed the problem myself... i do use adfs you know... how else would i make the states?

oh, and all the states work on the beta. and if people are too stubborn to use them... well that's not my problem is it? they are the ones suffering is the only point i am making :P

Quote from: FOL
i dont even like the feature thats already there, where it autoloads the config associated with an adf. It is useful but in certain things, its annoying.

i have the same problem with that function myself when making states. any chance it could be switched off in the menu?
« Last Edit: July 08, 2007, 04:17:47 PM by Hungry Horace »

EmuChicken

• PSPUAE Beta Tester
  • A500
« Reply #52 on: July 08, 2007, 10:19:49 PM »

...  lol, I was drunk when I wrote them last night ;)  sorry about getting on everyones case...  sometimes it feels like you're so up in arms with pspaue that its the best slice of bread - not even possible of having bugs

..  about the save states- id use em if I didnt have problems with em -  I guess that was cleared up with what FOL just quoted (bleh!)

I was giving my personal bug report, and if you have your own way round them thats fine - but they are still IMO largely known as bugs (especially all the crashing!)

so it can sleep not-in-the menu right? ... ie in emulation?

FOL

• PSPUAE Dev Team
  • Site Admin
  • A4000T
  • Amigakit.com Technical
    • PSPUAE
« Reply #53 on: July 08, 2007, 10:37:48 PM »

...  lol, I was drunk when I wrote them last night ;)  sorry about getting on everyones case...  sometimes it feels like you're so up in arms with pspaue that its the best slice of bread - not even possible of having bugs

..  about the save states- id use em if I didnt have problems with em -  I guess that was cleared up with what FOL just quoted (bleh!)

I was giving my personal bug report, and if you have your own way round them thats fine - but they are still IMO largely known as bugs (especially all the crashing!)

so it can sleep not-in-the menu right? ... ie in emulation?

Id rather bug reports be reported in the correct places. Sleep bug is normal with vast majority of psp homebrew, as horace said though, go into sleep mode while running pspuae, not while you in the menu of pspuae or it will crash.

The other bug, i have now fixed. I didnt spot it as i dont use 1.50 kernel, only 3.40 OE and funny thing is, the crash never appeared there.

I have tested load time of adf's and it seems fine, "Turbo Mode"
Resolute and Industrious

Hungry Horace

• Site Admin
  • A4000T
    • AUW
« Reply #54 on: July 08, 2007, 11:30:59 PM »

lmao - what you talking about? i find more bugs than anyone :p

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

TinyPortal 2.2.2 © 2005-2022