Ultimate Amiga

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Captive  (Read 20301 times)

EmuChicken

• PSPUAE Beta Tester
  • A500
Re: Captive
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2006, 11:01:59 PM »

you mean you loaded the WHDLoad state with that same configuration?

prolly no where near enough memory-  whdload uses the ram as a cache for all the data , so max them values buddy!

Hungry Horace

• Amorphous Blue-Blob Man
  • Site Admin
  • A4000T
  • Don't forget... Ameboid's need love too!
    • AUW
« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2006, 11:03:28 PM »

also how about the actual WHDLoad savestate on the main page?  ...  if you use this it'd speed up disk access aswell as fix bugs within the game (usually)- as its WHDLoad ;)
Interesting, I probably should have done this.  The problem now is that because I was unable to save to my save game disk, all I have are the savestates, so I think I would have to start the game from scratch (or at least the last time I saved to my savegame disk) if I started using WHDLoad, although I really don't know enough about it.

upload your savedgame-savestate somewhere and post a link up.

i will transfer the save for use in whdload, and then create a new copy of the ram-installed savestate where you can load your game.

i've not really played captive much, but i'm sure i can figure out how to sort this for you.
Quote from: KillerGorilla
because winuae is made of code and your amiga is made of stuff

bwlfp

• A600
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2006, 11:07:09 PM »

isnt captive frigging old?

try an A500 config!

cup speed- real
chipset OCS
kickstart 1.3
floppy normal speed

I also forgot what the bce and ib were but try em both on ;)
Just tried these settings but still getting the RSOD.

EmuChicken

• PSPUAE Beta Tester
  • A500
« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2006, 11:09:54 PM »

give it some more memory?.....

hmnnnnmmmmnnnnnnn  ... could be a software bug?  possibly?  - this is why we all recommend the whd version unless you get no problems

Hungry Horace

• Site Admin
  • A4000T
    • AUW
« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2006, 11:13:11 PM »

Just tried these settings but still getting the RSOD.

i hope you read my offer above ;)

bwlfp

• A600
« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2006, 11:16:03 PM »

also how about the actual WHDLoad savestate on the main page?  ...  if you use this it'd speed up disk access aswell as fix bugs within the game (usually)- as its WHDLoad ;)
Interesting, I probably should have done this.  The problem now is that because I was unable to save to my save game disk, all I have are the savestates, so I think I would have to start the game from scratch (or at least the last time I saved to my savegame disk) if I started using WHDLoad, although I really don't know enough about it.

upload your savedgame-savestate somewhere and post a link up.

i will transfer the save for use in whdload, and then create a new copy of the ram-installed savestate where you can load your game.

i've not really played captive much, but i'm sure i can figure out how to sort this for you.
The link below should have the savestate in it.  It is at the end of base 8 it is when I click the door (to leave the base) that the RSOD appears.  Really appreciate the help.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/hwb0t5

bwlfp

• A600
« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2006, 11:27:34 PM »

Quick note about the savestate.  It is at a tense point in the game.  If you hang around for too long ~30 seconds the base will blow up taking the droids with it  ;).

FOL

• PSPUAE Dev Team
  • Site Admin
  • A4000T
  • Amigakit.com Technical
    • PSPUAE
« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2006, 11:32:19 PM »

Quick note about the savestate.  It is at a tense point in the game.  If you hang around for too long ~30 seconds the base will blow up taking the droids with it  ;).

lol, ouch
Resolute and Industrious
Grand ruler of the yellow people and the Ultimate Amiga Empire

Hungry Horace

• Site Admin
  • A4000T
    • AUW
« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2006, 11:41:48 PM »

ok, nope... sorry

as soon as you attempt to save the game to a dsk (so it can be transfered to the whd version) it does the screen -of-death thing too.

if you have any older saves on ADF (or can get an older copy to save to ADF) i could probably transfer those the the WHDLoad version, but my guess here is just a bug in the game caused by emulation.

bwlfp

• A600
« Reply #24 on: December 24, 2006, 11:50:27 PM »

ok, nope... sorry

as soon as you attempt to save the game to a dsk (so it can be transfered to the whd version) it does the screen -of-death thing too.

if you have any older saves on ADF (or can get an older copy to save to ADF) i could probably transfer those the the WHDLoad version, but my guess here is just a bug in the game caused by emulation.

Yes I was beginning to think the same thing, but thanks for giving it a go.  I will see what other savestates I have and see if I can save to adf.  Don't want to get all deep about this game but somehow after all these years it is still able to grind my progress to a halt.  Back way back when, I journeyed all the way to Mindscape headquarters to try to solve a simple password problem.   Hilariously frustrating that I should be in a similar situation now with a totally different problem.  Such is life lol  ;D
time to start playing Bloodwitch.......

Hungry Horace

• Site Admin
  • A4000T
    • AUW
« Reply #25 on: December 25, 2006, 12:02:15 AM »

Back way back when, I journeyed all the way to Mindscape headquarters to try to solve a simple password problem.   

i wont ask!

;D  oooh yes. i'm on the extended levels and its still going fine!! (and i'm playing from ADF versions... yuk!)

if you are genuininly interested, i'm hoping to have the first version of my "super bloodwych savestate" up soon... this has been tailored to avoid such problems with saveing etc... even when it comes to playing the data-disk ;)

bwlfp

• A600
« Reply #26 on: December 25, 2006, 12:13:20 AM »

Back way back when, I journeyed all the way to Mindscape headquarters to try to solve a simple password problem.   

i wont ask!
lol

;D  oooh yes. i'm on the extended levels and its still going fine!! (and i'm playing from ADF versions... yuk!)

if you are genuininly interested, i'm hoping to have the first version of my "super bloodwych savestate" up soon... this has been tailored to avoid such problems with saveing etc... even when it comes to playing the data-disk ;)
I'll definitely check it out, never even loaded up Bloodwych, and just realised I spelled it wrong.  I just loaded up some old Captive savestates I had from base 6 and they are working fine with no RSOD when you leave the bases.   I'll try now to save to adf. 
« Last Edit: December 25, 2006, 12:15:01 AM by bwlfp »

bwlfp

• A600
« Reply #27 on: December 25, 2006, 12:46:50 AM »

ok, nope... sorry

OK I have a old savestate from base 7 that can save to an adf save disk.  The save disk is at the link below where the save game is number 6.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/vjv9u0
The savestate is at
http://www.sendspace.com/file/eaweym
It may be questionable whether it is worth the bother but I would like to try and see if using whdload solves the problem.  I am happy to battle through the bases again  :D if you are willing to make the WHDLoad version.  Cheers and Merry Christmas.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

TinyPortal 2.2.2 © 2005-2022