Ultimate Amiga

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: New registrations temporarily suspended  (Read 5562 times)

SamuraiCrow

• compile-time wierdo
  • Forum Mod
  • A1200
  • Compile-time wierdo
New registrations temporarily suspended
« on: February 06, 2009, 03:04:27 PM »

Since a certain banned member of this board persists in trying to register additional accounts to try to get around his ban, we've been left with no option but to temporarily suspend the registration of new users.  If you feel you need to be registered to participate in the forums and/or downloads, try contacting a member of the staff through the #amos IRC chatroom on irc.abime.net
« Last Edit: April 13, 2009, 04:46:55 PM by Hungry Horace »

selur

• A600
Re: New registrations temporarily suspended
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2009, 09:04:12 PM »

hello Sam

Well i'm starting worring about AF...

I remember how it was before changes.
When I came here, the site wasn't very popular but seemed very friendly and helpful.
Unfortunetly since some months something changes more stuff, more ppl appeared... but imho there are not good changes.
More members are registered but well it seems they are less active then the rest was (why?) and the worst thing....

before - we had discussion about technical things/problems  in AMOS ... 
now - we are taking about bullshit like site rules, moderators rights and "noobs vs elite" flamewar ... ect. 

Is this kind of "NEW ORDER" in this site is so really neccessary?
Did someone really make irreversible damage to this site or rather someone's pride got hurt?...
I have a feeling that one of us "wanna be elite coder" is trying to make this place his own private site.

Closing this forum because one banned person is creating new account is the most stupid thing i ever heard !
Have anyone thought about the others who want to register here buit they can't???

Let me ask, who was develop this "great idea" of closing registration for all because of one guy?

SamuraiCrow

• compile-time wierdo
  • Forum Mod
  • A1200
  • Compile-time wierdo
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2009, 12:24:41 AM »

Hello Selur,

This guy has been harassing the staff here at the Amos Factory almost constantly since he was banned and even some before then.  Believe me we don't take this lightly.  We had hoped that rules wouldn't be necessary but recent events have proven otherwise.

For the existing membership nothing else has changed. The only thing that has changed is that new members must contact one of the moderators for an administrative add rather than an automated one since the automated one is not smart enough to block the masking techniques that the one aforementioned user has been employing to try to sign up new accounts to harass us even further.

As far as the ban on the one person was concerned, there was a review of each thing posted and 3 moderators agreed to the ban of this person.  We are still in agreement that this abuse of the website and its staff must stop and we will go to whatever measures are necessary to see to it that the harassment stops.

--Sam

Hungry Horace

• Amorphous Blue-Blob Man
  • Site Admin
  • A4000T
  • Don't forget... Ameboid's need love too!
    • AUW
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2009, 10:53:56 AM »

unfortunately Selur, in spite of the fact you may believe that it's about "pride" or "elite status", you are mistaken.

When you are actually being asked by certain members to delete accounts because of certain people's behaviour, and you receive messages like the following from respectable members who actually have positive input:

....that's why I was so happy to find your forum, even though I just seem to lurk a little.

I'd hate to see it ruined for you by an immature troll.

Once you have this child sorted out I would even link you in my portal here;.....

then staff have little option but to take action, for the good of the forum as a whole.

you talk about not wanting to discuss this, but you've raised the topic. I'd be much happier to go back to talking about AMOS.
Quote from: KillerGorilla
because winuae is made of code and your amiga is made of stuff

skateblind

• Important 'looking' person
  • Forum Mod
  • A2000
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2009, 11:41:41 AM »

Hello all!

I do apologise about joining this little debate, but I felt that it was about to turn into a mud slinging contest and I did not want that to happen.

Firstly, I am an admin at PSPUAE.com and have seen all this bull**** before. One little rodent gets on to the site and starts s****ing everywhere. That eventually cause fights between the friends of the site because no-one wants to clean it up. Don't let that happen here please.

You guys are lucky, its a great little community here, even if there are one or two s*** stirrers, but you have to realise that EVERY big site out there has the same problems. So RELAX, TAKE A DEEP BREATH and forget about the few people who always seem to spoil things on the internet.

SELUR:  Don't try to turn this into something else. What you said had absolutely nothing to do with what is currently happening. If you have problems with someone, then bring it up with the admins. I know you feel a bit wounded about whats happened in the PAST, but its exactly that, IN THE PAST.
           This New Order you speak of is absolute rubbish, everything that has happened on this site has been approved by all the important people, AKA ADMINS. Nothing was done without a discussion about it first. So please just drop that nonsense now. All the admins are good friends, so the elite coder you speak of, is all of them, which means you are 'dissing'(You got to love that word ;) ) the admin of this site, which imho is a very bad thing to do if you wish to become a respected member of this community.

I apologise for the long post about all the bull****. To Sam. Crow & Horace, I hope you guys know me well enough to realise I am only trying to help.

PEACE!

PS. I know my language is a bit fruity, I apologise if I have offended anyone.
PS. I know I shouted in a few parts of this post, I apologise profusely if I have offended anyone.
PS. I am a very naughty boy  ;D
« Last Edit: February 07, 2009, 11:48:14 AM by skate »
What are you looking at?

skateblind

• Forum Mod
  • A2000
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2009, 01:31:52 PM »

Sorry, can't find modify button.

Ken_masters has been harrasing horace at PSPUAE, I was in the chat room when he came in and started talking a bunch of nonsense. You guys did the right thing banning him, he is pretty wierd.  :o
What are you looking at?

Hungry Horace

• Site Admin
  • A4000T
    • AUW
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2009, 04:45:19 PM »

FYI the edit button is on a timer, to make users take responsibility for what they post, rather than go around editting what they've said months later....

selur

• A600
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2009, 04:45:49 PM »

Yes I rised the topic because firstly I didn't want..... but now I've seen exactly what is happening...

Oh,  Yes you are right skate...
We  should be happiest ppl in the world because we had here a great  little community of ex, existing and future admins who are the friends !!!
WOooowww !! Yeaaaa !
This is GREeeeeeeeeAT NEWS!
Let's be Happy, we should celebrate it !!!!

Yes skate you right what i've said had absolutely nothing to do with what is currently happening...

So i'm asking all the admins of the world for forgiving !!! Ohh I'm sorry that I wasn't sorry... upps did i said i wasn't ?
Oh my lord sorryyyy !
Sorry all ex/future/existing admins for sorry!! Sorry, I mean i wasn't sorry for sorring... (?)
Holy s... what i'm taking about... I'm really sorry for what i said now about being sorry!

..and I  apologise for that i'm not an administrator of this happy community! Sorry !!(oh no again... sorry for so much sorring).

---
Is there anyone else who wasn't apologised by me for being not apologised?
Please send me pm immediately I will send you apologising....

Hungry Horace

• Site Admin
  • A4000T
    • AUW
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2009, 04:55:19 PM »

wow, what intelligent input you've provided there.  ::)

If you dont like it Selur, then i'm sure you know where the "logout" button is.

selur

• A600
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2009, 05:06:34 PM »

:D yes..  I was waiting for this kind of answer for over a month...

Yes finally you proved that I can't win this battle but you know that doesn't mean I will lose the war.

---
so bye  Horace the Mighty and wish you with gaining more followers.

Hungry Horace

• Site Admin
  • A4000T
    • AUW
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2009, 05:17:10 PM »

i'm not after any "war" selur. i dont know why you persist in thinking I do? and i dont do any of this for "followers". You dont gain any friends when you are doing the right thing.

I thought you were quite a reasonable member of this forum for quite some time however. so what changed you? 

skateblind

• Forum Mod
  • A2000
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2009, 07:31:39 PM »

I apologise selur if my post was out of line. I didn't mean for it to be so aggressive sounding.
What I meant was that the site has gone in a certain direction because the people who run the site wanted it so. If you have a problem with that then raise the issue with them, don't go down the path of hate. You did seem like a good guy before posting your previous post. Please come back to us man.

There is now a person who you know as Overclocked causing hassle on this site and other sites on the same network. He is the one who has caused all the un-easyness between us. I am sure it be finished in a few days and we can all forget about it.
What are you looking at?

SamuraiCrow

• compile-time wierdo
  • Forum Mod
  • A1200
  • Compile-time wierdo
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2009, 07:43:52 PM »

I'm in full agreement with Horace.  I've been on this board longer than he has and, since the screen name of the person in question has been dropped, I'll say that Overclocked has behaved irrationally and persistently such that he needs time to cool off and reconsider why he is here.  So far he has just repeated stuff that he has heard elsewhere and not written any code to show for himself.  If he was here to learn, he sure hasn't acknowledged that he is doing so.

Amigadave

• A600
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2009, 01:03:13 AM »

Hello everyone,

I am glad to see that my registration is still active, even though I have not been active here in many months.  I just linked this site to a message I posted over at Amiga.org, so I thought I would stop in and see what is going on.

It is sad to see that there is controversy here, or on any of the many other forum sites I belong to, but I think that Skate really did not help the situation with his first post in this thread. 

All the admins are good friends, so the elite coder you speak of, is all of them, which means you are 'dissing'(You got to love that word Wink ) the admin of this site, which imho is a very bad thing to do if you wish to become a respected member of this community.

He just seems to have confirmed the other poster's position that there are two divided groups here, the elite admins and their friends, and the rest of the members, who are looked down upon by the elite group.

I sincerely hope that this is not the case.  It was not that way months ago when I was visiting here more often, so I will assume that this is just a misconception by selur, until I find out differently for myself.  I am not saying that selur went about making his point in the right way, or that skate should not have tried to put him in his place, just that perhaps it could have been done differently.  Skate is absolutely right in writing that selur should take up any complaints he has directly with the admins of this site.  I know that SamuraiCrow has been very helpful and courteous to me in the past when I have asked questions.

I still have hopes that I will make more time to do some AMOS programming, but it seems "LIFE" always has other plans for me.  I will try to become more active here too.

Take care and don't take this message the wrong way.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2009, 01:05:11 AM by Amigadave »

Sidewinder

• Forum Mod
  • A600
    • http://www.liquido2.com/
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2009, 02:15:35 AM »

Hi AmigaDave,

Yes, the current flurry of negative activity is sad, but unfortunately there are bad apples that seek to spoil the whole bunch.  I much preferred the more laid back atmosphere around here also.

As the founder of the current AMOS Factory, I can assure you that there is no "elite admin" vs. "regular member" silliness.  The admins do not feel superior and consider everyone on this board as their equal.  The purpose of this board is to provide a place for those who love AMOS to meet, learn, and share ideas.  The simple fact is that some members were rude and abusive of others and such behavior cannot stand.

Hopefully now this drama is behind us and we can get back to the fun of discussing AMOS.
- Sidewinder
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

TinyPortal 2.2.2 © 2005-2022